2014 Minimax coming??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems more and more likely GM is dusting off the smaller displacement version of the Duramax. A friend of mine owns a company that makes gears and other small components for transmissions. Aside from having recently bid on parts for a new ZF 9 speed automatic to be used behind small displacement 4 cylinder turbos to be released for the 2014 or 2015 model years.
He also just bid on some parts for an Allison 7 speed auto with a design limit of 550 lb-ft of torque. Said to be used with a small displacement V8 light duty turbodiesel with approximately 325hp and 475 lb-ft of torque. Volume levels he was given would seem to indicate use as an option in 1/2 ton pickups and full size SUV's.

09tahoehybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems more and more likely GM is dusting off the smaller displacement version of the Duramax. A friend of mine owns a company that makes gears and other small components for transmissions. Aside from having recently bid on parts for a new ZF 9 speed automatic to be used behind small displacement 4 cylinder turbos to be released for the 2014 or 2015 model years.
He also just bid on some parts for an Allison 7 speed auto with a design limit of 550 lb-ft of torque. Said to be used with a small displacement V8 light duty turbodiesel with approximately 325hp and 475 lb-ft of torque. Volume levels he was given would seem to indicate use as an option in 1/2 ton pickups and full size SUV's.

I sure hope they do this. Especially if they tune this set-up for better fuel economy & refinement instead of raw towing power. It would also be refreshing if they decide not to charge a huge price premium over the gas engines for the diesels...I would buy one!

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
This definitely had my interest peaked. The towing advantages of diesel over gas is important to me since I move across the country every 3 years. Being able to easily tow my wife's car while loaded inside and on top of the truck is crucial. A diesel Tahoe K1500 our even K2500 with decent fuel economy would have me jumping in line to get one in the 3rd model year.

09tahoehybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that this diesel engine could be for the upcoming Colorado/Canyon pickup replacement?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i heard they were just revamping the colerado and canyon after long talks of dropping it ?

09tahoehybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard they were just revamping the Colorado and canyon after long talks of dropping it ?

Just looked it up, the 2013 Colorado will be a global GM truck and actually goes on sale in international markets first.

There are 2 diesels available, but they wont offer them in the U.S, at least not initially. Thats too bad :chicken:

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/colorado/2013/2013-chevrolet-colorado-first-drive.html

2.8-liter Duramax diesel engine generates 180 horsepower and 346 pound-feet of torque.
f3g6mx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts