2013 Yukon XL RSE Screens Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not see any loose or unplugged connections when I had the radio out.

I have checked the following fuses:
Left end of dash:
#19-5A-RSE
#22-10A-INFO

Under Hood:
#42-15A-Radio

I have not checked the upfitter block but will do so tonight.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the rear a/v control panel light up? does it scroll thru the options? radio, a/v, dvd, etc..

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The buttons light up for both HVAC and A/V controls but I get no response when I press the A/V buttons. The HVAC controls are functioning properly.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
weird, kind of sounds like (maybe) someone opted for a cheaper refurb radio and didn't need the rear screens, it's going to take more troubleshooting either by the dealer or it may be cheaper to go by a local stereo shop and see if they can make it fire up with a aftermarket unit and adapter, wouldn't hurt to ask anyway.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have an update on my Radio/RSE issue.

I contacted the dealer I purchased the vehicle from on July 2nd and told them about my issues and even though I didn’t buy the extended warranty and the vehicle was sold AS-IS, they agreed to work with me. Turns out they had installed the refurbished radio prior to me purchasing the vehicle. They couldn’t figure out what was wrong even with the help of GM tech support so GM’s recommendation was that it needed a new radio. Since they installed it, the dealer got it covered under warranty. The dealership has been very stand-up with me on this purchase.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have another update on this issue. The new radio did not fix the issue so back to GM tech support they went. GM is now recommending that they replace both screens. The Service Manager told me that the sales group agreed to cover the cost of these new screens, thankfully, even though it was purchased as-is and no service contract. They should have the new screens in tomorrow and hopefully that will be the end of it as it will have a new radio and new screens.

I have been very happy with how the dealer, Billion GMC in Iowa City, IA, is handling this issue so far so a shout out to them.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One last update. Finally got our 2013 Yukon back today. Replacing the screens did not fix the issue right away but they finally got it all to work. When it was all said and done, I now have a new head unit and two new screens. Took them awhile to get the various components programmed and sync’d up. While it was inconvenient to wait over 2 weeks while they got things sorted out, the dealer took care of everything on their dime and provided a free loaner vehicle.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they say what the problem was
Sorry, Just saw your question.

What happened, as told me by the dealer, was they had replaced the headunit with a refurbished one before I bought the vehicle and the software version on the headunit wasn’t compatible with the two screen system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645