Retaining 2011 Suburban RSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copyright protection should not be kicking in. The HDMI -> RCA mirrors my iPhone directly, which is viewed on the JVC as well as external monitor. The only thing that I am unable to stream is Amazon Prime Video. The video player itself states that on the iPhone.
hdmi on the headunit, the phone is a seperate device

OP
OP
S

Slurpee12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hdmi on the headunit, the phone is a seperate device
I assume if I am able to view the output on the headunit as well as an external monitor, there wouldn't be copyright protections preventing video from being displayed on the overhead screens? The headunit's output is RCA, not HDMI as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume if I am able to view the output on the headunit as well as an external monitor, there wouldn't be copyright protections preventing video from being displayed on the overhead screens? The headunit's output is RCA, not HDMI as well.
Ya I would reach out to jvc to clarify

OP
OP
S

Slurpee12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the strangest thing happened. I tried the replacement metra GMRSAV and it did not work, as expected. I then tried the Maestro AV-GM5 and it worked! Turned off the car and I changed the ground ring terminal from the chassis metal test to chassis metal inside of the dash. Retried it before installing the radio back into the dash and the RSE no longer worked. I then changed the ground ring terminal to the original ground that worked and it no longer worked. I'm at a complete loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimcauble

Latest posts