2013 Yukon XL - 131k miles for $25k - buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP seems to have checked out. The "chip shortage" is not going away anytime soon. establishing factories to build these takes time, clean rooms etc. Our phones and even large appliances are getting MORE electronics- not less- So you can expect this to be a long drawn out thing. Prices will remain elevated on used vehicles for 12-18 months. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it....

Reaction score
Aren't there factories already established to make chips?

I thought the shortage was like everything else, due to covid and many places closed down or backed up due to shortage of workers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't there factories already established to make chips?

I thought the shortage was like everything else, due to covid and many places closed down or backed up due to shortage of workers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
A good percentage was due to a fire at one of the major chip suppliers. I read that GM expects to be back to normal in about 3 months. We will see....

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at a local Toyota dealer today, about 35% capacity in their new car parking. He said the worst of the vehicle shortage should be back to normal stock levels by early 2022.

He said the chip shortage was part of the problem, the other increased demand. He said they have people lining up to buy new cars, lots of coin in there pockets, burning a hole.

DanharrisonLTexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Ive went thru the sticky posts but that was dealing with more of the 07-09s it seemed. We’ve been a single minivan family for the last six years and we are now looking for a bigger vehicle to accommodate four kids between the ages of 9-4, preferably a Yukon xl, suburban, Escalade, or navigator L. Used is quite expensive in our area but we just test drove a 2013 XL Denali with 131k miles for about 25k out the door, no warranty, and not willing to budge on price, so we left.

It is extremely clean, single owner was used as a corporate vehicle, and was originally bought and serviced at the same dealership. When we test drove, I couldn’t feel any issues. No vibration, tugging, slipping of gears, etc when we drove on city roads and expressway. We are very apprehensive with buying a 2013 since its already 8 years old, and 25k seems crazy for that old of vehicle, but its what the market says with the supply chain and inventory issues.

I am looking to see for this mileage if there are upcoming problem areas like the transmission or major drivetrain issues? In order to get me to 200-250k miles, what problems should I expect?

I am not a car guy and don’t want to be fooled by a nice looking vehicle that’s going to be in the shop for endless repairs.

When the dealership got the vehicle, this is what the carfax said they did..

• Steering/suspension checked
  • Two wheel alignment performed
  • Oil and filter changed
  • Air filter replaced
  • Engine oil/fluid leak checked
  • Brake rotor(s) resurfaced
  • Engine oil cooler line(s) repaired/replaced
  • Front brake rotor(s) replaced
  • Four wheel alignment performed
  • Tires rotated
Thank you very much for the help!

Here is the actual listing...
https://www.sheboygangm.com/used-Sheboygan-2013-GMC-Yukon+XL-Denali-1GKS2MEF3DR372851
I bought a 2013 Texas edition Tahoe with 82k miles for 21k in January. I got it off of Vroom.com. It was in absolutely excellent condition. I live in SC. They shipped it from Texas. Prices all around me was way more with way more miles.

Attachments

• 20210426_183136.jpg
    20210426_183136.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 1

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Denali for 21k in November with 84k on it... Hell Id sell it for that now if someone wanted it.... Even with upgrades... Id even include the new BBP tune... haha Ive been wanting an 05 or 06 anyways..... . IMG_2456.JPG

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Denali for 21k in November with 84k on it... Hell Id sell it for that now if someone wanted it.... Even with upgrades... Id even include the new BBP tune... haha Ive been wanting an 05 or 06 anyways..... . View attachment 281588
Call Carvana. They might give you more that that for it right now...... What state is it from?

OP
OP
D

Davek30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the reply’s to this thread. We ended up finding a super clean 2014 navigator L with one owner, no accidents, warranty, and only 65k miles for about $27000 out the door and its being delivered tomorrow. We haven’t seen anything that was comparable for the mileage and cost for the last 6 weeks or so In the WI / northern IL area.

For the original vehicle, the $22,999 was the original list price, and out the door with all the taxes/fees was $25k. They still haven’t moved on price from original listing.