2013 Tahoe SSV cabin airfilter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2013 Tahoe SSV, is there documentation/write-up that shows how to replace the cabin air filter if there is one?
(I heard not all might have a cabin air filter, how does one find out if it does, without taking things apart first?)

thanks,

Ron

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the GMT-900 trucks came with a cabin filter from the factory but there is a GM accessory door to add one which Dorman copied. You can get it in RockAuto.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
There’s some relatively recent discussion on this forum about adding the filter. Within a couple of months or less IIRC, so search should find it for you. I found it helpful when I added mine. I got the Dorman part from Amazon.

You have to remove the kick plate or plastic cover below the evaporator before you can even view the area to see if it’s installed, or to change the filter. Great Job GM! (NOT)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2013 Tahoe SSV, is there documentation/write-up that shows how to replace the cabin air filter if there is one?
(I heard not all might have a cabin air filter, how does one find out if it does, without taking things apart first?)

thanks,

Ron

Ron, remove the black flexible plastic cover in the passenger's footwell. There are 3 or 4 screws and you can remove the 2-3 right most screws and leave the one near the console (pain to get out), I think they are 5.5 millimeters, don't remember exactly.

Once that is done, you can look under and see if someone added the filter or not. If they did it will be in the center of this picture, just to the left of the connector for the resistor. Grabbed this photo off of the internet real quick.

cabin-filter-install-2003-2010-trucks-gmt-900-hvac.jpg

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron, remove the black flexible plastic cover in the passenger's footwell. There are 3 or 4 screws and you can remove the 2-3 right most screws and leave the one near the console (pain to get out), I think they are 5.5 millimeters, don't remember exactly.

Once that is done, you can look under and see if someone added the filter or not. If they did it will be in the center of this picture, just to the left of the connector for the resistor. Grabbed this photo off of the internet real quick.

cabin-filter-install-2003-2010-trucks-gmt-900-hvac.jpg

Ok, cool. but the VIN or so (or equipment list) doesn't say it does? I doubt someone did it themselves, since it is an SSV

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the GMT-900 trucks came with a cabin filter from the factory but there is a GM accessory door to add one which Dorman copied. You can get it in RockAuto.

Is GMT-900 GM lingo for an SSV ?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
GMT-900 was GM’s series designation for that generation of full size trucks and the body on frame SUVs built in the same platform. AKA the NNBS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC