2013 Suburban LTZ Service Air Bag, DTC B0021 Symptom 03

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Got an air bag light and "Service Air Bag" on my 2013 suburban. It was pretty solid every key cycle for a couple days. Yesterday it was flashing the light and kept coming up on the DIC and then stopped with the light and the message. Didn't set the code since about 14:00 Hours yesterday.

Checking the code indicates DTC B0021 symptom 0D. Says " Passenger Seat Side Air Bag Deployment Loop Resistance Above Threshold". Going to check the connector but otherwise don't know what to look at next. High resistance should mean a poor connection. Anyone got any troubleshooting guides?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is the recall out that GM finally has the fix for. I get the 'Service Airbag' every once in awhile, I just reach down next to the console and passenger seat and jiggle the wire connector around and the warning goes away.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I think this is the recall out that GM finally has the fix for. I get the 'Service Airbag' every once in awhile, I just reach down next to the console and passenger seat and jiggle the wire connector around and the warning goes away.
The connector for mine is near the back of the seat on the floor to the outside

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The connector for mine is near the back of the seat on the floor to the outside
Hmmm.. maybe GM changed it, I have an 09 LTZ and the airbag connector is mid seat next to the console. I have another connector near the back of the seat in the floor to the outside too, but that is for the heat/cooled functions and the movement of the seat

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm.. maybe GM changed it, I have an 09 LTZ and the airbag connector is mid seat next to the console. I have another connector near the back of the seat in the floor to the outside too, but that is for the heat/cooled functions and the movement of the seat
Airbag connector is yellow and orange right?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
The recall is dash airbags, at least on mine. Just had it done.