2013 Denali/Suspension Help/Error Code Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could somehow find a diagram for it I would very much appreciate it, my gmc has 129k miles and the air shocks look like they are in pretty good condition that’s why it’s kinda weird for it to have that problem with it having kinda low miles, I used a scanner similar to the tech2 but when I tried to test out the compressor, all it said was test failed, no communication with the exhaust valve, that’s why I’m thinking of bench testing it to see if the compressor is bad or I have a wiring issue with would be a pain to fix probably.
1683212663790.png

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The AutoRide system is really simple. Most of the time that DTC is the pump grounding / shorting out or the control module rotting out. In the XL the module is under the spare and the shorty the module is next to the spare. If your pump is silent at start up it’s likely seized from running until it overheated.

GM did not put an overload protection circuit in their pump. Arnott did and it carries a lifetime warranty as well as being less expensive.

D63FAAC0-C4F2-4FB5-AFD2-3AD080F5A2EE.jpeg

Don’t be afraid to shop around on Amazon or anywhere else for a better price. Start with the pump and move on to the module. Look at YouTube for an easy how to for replacing it.

Keep in mind a dealer will charge the cost of buying a new pump just for diagnosis. Then they’ll charge you full retail for a GM pump without load protection with a 1-2 year warranty. They’ll get about $1k to do just the pump so look out.

Reaction score
The AutoRide system is really simple. Most of the time that DTC is the pump grounding / shorting out or the control module rotting out. In the XL the module is under the spare and the shorty the module is next to the spare. If your pump is silent at start up it’s likely seized from running until it overheated.

GM did not put an overload protection circuit in their pump. Arnott did and it carries a lifetime warranty as well as being less expensive.

View attachment 398481

Don’t be afraid to shop around on Amazon or anywhere else for a better price. Start with the pump and move on to the module. Look at YouTube for an easy how to for replacing it.

Keep in mind a dealer will charge the cost of buying a new pump just for diagnosis. Then they’ll charge you full retail for a GM pump without load protection with a 1-2 year warranty. They’ll get about $1k to do just the pump so look out.
2013 Tahoe LTZ. Shocks replaced all the way around. Factory pump was not activating, so replaced with a Dorman replacement. Pump does not activate upon startup, but will activate under load. I replaced with a different Dorman, but still getting the same results. What do you think could be the issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972