2012 Yukon Denali, I need to hear the motor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boyd

Reaction score
Any tips on exhaust would be greatly appreciated. I am old school and love the sound of a motor. My stock system is obviously not working for me.

I want it loud when I get on it but would like to hear my friends or the stereo when going down the highway.

I'm temped to remove the muffler and put in a straight pipe and rely on the cats and resonator to mellow things out.

Any thoughts? Has anyone done this? Thanks all in advance for your help and suggestions!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2012 Yukon denali w/flowmaster 40 series and last resonator deleted, this is parked the revs are factory limited to about 3500 unless your in drive so it is what it is, I have a corsa muffler sitting here that i am going to put on and see how it sounds. the flowmaster is perfectly fine for still having a conversation

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
2012 Yukon denali w/flowmaster 40 series and last resonator deleted, this is parked the revs are factory limited to about 3500 unless your in drive so it is what it is, I have a corsa muffler sitting here that i am going to put on and see how it sounds. the flowmaster is perfectly fine for still having a conversation

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
Thanks for the video. Sounds pretty nice. I had a flowmaster 40 on my 5.7 Silverado for years and it was perfect. I like the sound of yours but it still seems a little restricted.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 40 series is a 2 chamber a singe chamber would be a tiny bit louder I have a single chamber on my Silverado because there is no rear compartment to get droned out, the corsa I picked up is 3.5" straight thru but is a different design with packing material hopefully it's not too loud

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2003 Silverado with 3" from catback and a single chamber flowmaster the single chamber gives it a little more life, lol but the truck has always been sensitive haha

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I will leave my 2 bits here...

My '08 Burb with 5.3L a Jones performance JFP 300 and the factory resonator still in place to kill any drone.

rps20181107_230050_283.jpg

Cold start...

Warmed up and revving...

I'm not sure if they make one with 3.5" inlet/outlet for the 6.2L though.

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
I love it. That's the sound I'm after! Thanks for helping a fellow truck lover.

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
I love the sound and that your truck doubles as a leaf blower. :gr_grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork