2012 Tahoe LT/Tire Air Sensor and Remote Control Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freddy Saez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, for a few days the remote control of my tahoe has not worked and the tire air sensor turned on. Has this happened to someone and have they been able to solve it? It's a 2012 Tahoe LT.

I can only open the door with the key and I cannot open the suitcase.

greetings and thanks

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Hi guys, for a few days the remote control of my tahoe has not worked and the tire air sensor turned on. Has this happened to someone and have they been able to solve it? It's a 2012 Tahoe LT.

I can only open the door with the key and I cannot open the suitcase.

greetings and thanks

Greetings!

Have you changed the battery on the fob? What’s your tire air pressure at?

OP
OP
F

Freddy Saez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings!

Have you changed the battery on the fob? What’s your tire air pressure at?

I changed battery, the pressure is correct, but.
I think it may be a common module between the remote control and the air sensor.

no remote control function works

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I changed battery, the pressure is correct, but.
I think it may be a common module between the remote control and the air sensor.

no remote control function works

This is a strange situation that I’ve never heard of before. Hopefully someone will chime in here for you.

OP
OP
F

Freddy Saez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is a strange situation that I’ve never heard of before. Hopefully someone will chime in here for you.

They tell me that there is a module in common between the operation of the remote control and the air sensor (rfid), but I do not know what module it could be and where it would be located

Thanks from Chile!!!

Reaction score
I think it's in the rear drivers side, behind the wheelwell

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Yes, I have read the TPMS and the fob use the same transceiver. Unfortunately that's the extent of my knowledge. Fortunately there are people on here who know a lot more than I do.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A little higher up behind the D-Pillar and under the speaker. It's called the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) and controls both the remotes and the tire pressure monitoring system. A new one has to be programmed to the vehicle. You ought to get a proper scan tool on it and verify that that is the problem, see what the internal BCM codes are before throwing money at it.

OP
OP
F

Freddy Saez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A little higher up behind the D-Pillar and under the speaker. It's called the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) and controls both the remotes and the tire pressure monitoring system. A new one has to be programmed to the vehicle. You ought to get a proper scan tool on it and verify that that is the problem, see what the internal BCM codes are before throwing money at it.

Thnaks