2012 Tahoe LT/Tire Air Sensor and Remote Control Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The options you have I think are model dependent. On my Yukon my DIC has both tire monitor and remote relearn menu options.

If you don't have that, I believe you can put it in relearn mode by pressing both open and close buttons together for like 5 seconds. Best to find a YouTube video to take you through it set by step.

When I relearned my remotes, I found out on my model, once I entered relearn, I had to relearn all the remotes again, as my old remotes no longer worked, unless I relearned them all in that relearn cycle (if that made any sense at all).

Anyway, just do a YouTube search for your make, model, year remote relearn.

Edit: I just checked and you may have to take your truck to the dealer (or a locksmith with the right equipment). My 2007 will let me relearn the remote, but I think they may have taken that away starting the 2011 MY.

Last edited:

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the hell is the suitcase? The rear cargo door?

If it happened on my truck, my sequence would be...

1) Disconnect the ground wire of the battery for 30 minutes. Let the system "re-boot."
2) Check fuses.

After that, and only then, would I start digging into other systems or components.

OP
OP
F

Freddy Saez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What the hell is the suitcase? The rear cargo door?

If it happened on my truck, my sequence would be...

1) Disconnect the ground wire of the battery for 30 minutes. Let the system "re-boot."
2) Check fuses.

After that, and only then, would I start digging into other systems or components.

jajajajaja, Yes....suitcase is the rear cargo door in my case.
I have already carried out those steps

Blk 09 LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem, but different results. My tpms service light is on constantly and dic says to service it. So I did the relearning procedure and all but one valve chirped okay. Interestingly, the three that chirped all seem to be newer valves. Does that mean I can just have that one sensor replaced, or do I have to have them all? Or, is there a way to disable the whole system and just check the pressures regularly like I do anyway?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the same problem, but different results. My tpms service light is on constantly and dic says to service it. So I did the relearning procedure and all but one valve chirped okay. Interestingly, the three that chirped all seem to be newer valves. Does that mean I can just have that one sensor replaced, or do I have to have them all? Or, is there a way to disable the whole system and just check the pressures regularly like I do anyway?

Yes, you can have only one replaced. You'll work a lot harder trying to disable the TPMS than you will making that one work.

Blk 09 LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m an amateur mechanic, having wired my trailer hot wire, replaced the turn signal stalk and replaced an alternator. Is a tpms sensor something I can do myself?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m an amateur mechanic, having wired my trailer hot wire, replaced the turn signal stalk and replaced an alternator. Is a tpms sensor something I can do myself?

Can you bust a tire off its bead and put it back on and air it up? If your RCDLR module is bad, you can physically swap it out but it must be programmed to your VIN with a Tech-2 or equivalent. if you have a Tech-2 you can do it at home with a subscription to ACDelco's TDS system or let the dealer do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157