2012 Suburban 1500 LT. Pass front door locks don't work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tssetmr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't get any signal to the actuator from the fob or the switch. I replaced the switch panel and actuator from a wrecking yard as test parts as I don't have wiring diagrams. Does anybody have any experience with these? Or wiring diagrams? Thank you in advance.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get any signal to the actuator from the fob or the switch. I replaced the switch panel and actuator from a wrecking yard as test parts as I don't have wiring diagrams. Does anybody have any experience with these? Or wiring diagrams? Thank you in advance.
The modules have to be programmed to your vehicle but a used one, if it has the same options as yours, ought to be plug and play. Your computer system knows what is wrong. There are internal trouble codes stored that an advanced scan tool can read.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the driver's door switch control the passenger door switch? If so, perhaps the driver's door switch is malfunctioning.

Can you actuate any other locks with the Solus?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you confirmed the actuator is good?
the fob has nothing to do with it at all, put that to the side
concentrate on the acutator and passenger side door switch, I haven't experienced any trouble with the door locks on this platform myself but there is 2 relays.
and it is split between either front & rear or left & right, so if only 1 door lock is not working then it's probably not a relay and is probably either the actuator or switch.
as swathdiver mentioned it may or may not have a error code depends on where the problem is, no error at all would point me to the actuator. so you need a volt meter and a jumper wire from the battery to the actuator to test functionality.

OP
OP
T

tssetmr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did pull the plug at the actuator trying to determine if signal was getting there. Nothing with a test light. Didn’t think I needed to check exact voltage. I just want to know if signal is getting to the switch and the actuator. I did replace the actuator with a supposed good one from the wrecking yard. Even though I didn’t get any signal to the actuator.
Is there a repository here with wiring diagrams so I can test the actuator etc?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did pull the plug at the actuator trying to determine if signal was getting there. Nothing with a test light. Didn’t think I needed to check exact voltage. I just want to know if signal is getting to the switch and the actuator. I did replace the actuator with a supposed good one from the wrecking yard. Even though I didn’t get any signal to the actuator.
Is there a repository here with wiring diagrams so I can test the actuator etc?
gm upfitter guide will have the wiring diagrams, google, the website and there guides are free to use.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you need to do more in depth troubleshooting then a tech2 is the tool you need, they run about $300 for a clone but it pays for it's self, same tool the dealer uses.
the gmt900's use a lot of high speed lan communication, -vs- the older platform which also used a lan but not nearly as much, the door switches are basically modules a digital signal is sent to the door switch and the chip inside decides what to do from there, for instance if you have blinker mirrors the blinker function comes from the door switch instead of a traditional signal wire from a relay, it comes from the bcm but it is digital to the door switch, same for the lock actuator. with a tech2 you could send the signal and then determine where the problem is, wiring, switch, actuator, bcm, etc the screen on the tech2 tells you if the signal is being received or not.

OP
OP
T

tssetmr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you need to do more in depth troubleshooting then a tech2 is the tool you need, they run about $300 for a clone but it pays for it's self, same tool the dealer uses.
the gmt900's use a lot of high speed lan communication, -vs- the older platform which also used a lan but not nearly as much, the door switches are basically modules a digital signal is sent to the door switch and the chip inside decides what to do from there, for instance if you have blinker mirrors the blinker function comes from the door switch instead of a traditional signal wire from a relay, it comes from the bcm but it is digital to the door switch, same for the lock actuator. with a tech2 you could send the signal and then determine where the problem is, wiring, switch, actuator, bcm, etc the screen on the tech2 tells you if the signal is being received or not.
I appreciate all of your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts