2012 Rear Escalade Bumper With Dual Tips - Part numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel you. We didn't do it to ours and no problem highway driving at all. Two plastic tabs aren't going to save this thing from flying off. Lol. But yes, it will reinforce it for those folks who are concerned.

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh, it might be that the bumper can be swapped on the 5.3s without pulling the stock resonator as theirs is smaller and in a slightly different location ... but that's just a guess on my part cause I don't know from experience.

The two brackets can also be swapped down the line to make the bumper more secure, but I've seen it in person held up without the brackets and it isn't as if it's going to fly off of there.

So it might be that for the 5.3 Tahoe, Burb, base Yukon, it is indeed a 15 minute swap and deal with the exhaust and brackets later.

Just thinking out loud ...

I did do the swap before i did a resonator delete and there was no problem. I did take 20-30 min to take the old bumper off and put the new one in. I do not have the support brackets welded and i do not have a problem with mine, drive the truck on the daily bases

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well looks like my post is only applicable to Escalades lol...hopefully it will atleast be useful for those Escalade owners looking to do the swap....Congrats to the other NNBS models for a way easier conversion!!!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ Also the Yukon Denali which shares the same config.

Juniorss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two questions

1) If I leave the exhaust stock (meaning not running it to the cutouts on the bumper) can I just bolt on the bumper leaving the spare in place? Or will the dual exhaust extensions themself hit the spare?

2) How visible is the stock exhaust with this bumper? Can I get away with leaving the stock exhaust on or is it as visible as it is with the stock bumper??

Oh and also, does it use the existing brackets from the tahoe to mount to the truck or do you need different brackets??

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll see the stock exhaust and it'd look bad. Why would you bother with it if you were just going to leave the exhaust stock?

Juniorss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll see the stock exhaust and it'd look bad. Why would you bother with it if you were just going to leave the exhaust stock?

I can't be without a spare.. I would eventually do something about the stock exhaust but it would probably stay stock when/if I first do the bumper

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two questions

1) If I leave the exhaust stock (meaning not running it to the cutouts on the bumper) can I just bolt on the bumper leaving the spare in place? Or will the dual exhaust extensions themself hit the spare?

2) How visible is the stock exhaust with this bumper? Can I get away with leaving the stock exhaust on or is it as visible as it is with the stock bumper??

Oh and also, does it use the existing brackets from the tahoe to mount to the truck or do you need different brackets??

you could dump the stock exhaust, no one would know the difference.

You can hardly see the exhaust pipes inside those tips.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could dump the stock exhaust, no one would know the difference.

You can hardly see the exhaust pipes inside those tips.

This is true but in the winter when it's cold it'll also look silly seeing the exhaust coming from around the rear axle as opposed to the exhaust exits.

IMO if you can't run without a spare skip the dual exhaust bumper but that's just my opinion which doesn't mean much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10