2012 Rear Escalade Bumper With Dual Tips - Part numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are good times for the few seeking spare tire assys ... soon those things are going to be $10 shipped.

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn it you just made this WAY to easy to get :/ nice write up Nathan!

X2. It's going to be hard not to order this tomorrow..... Let alone in the next 15 minutes!

Hey Nathan, did you do the install yourself or did you bring it to a shop. Just curious to see if I could do the bumper myself and just bring it to an exhaust shop for the rest.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Takes 15 minutes to swap the bumper out once the spare tire is off. Extremely easy.

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to bash or prevent business, but to do it right it is not a 15 minute job. Yes taking the bumper cover off is 15 minutes but in order for the new one to even mount on you have to grind off the 2 lower metal bumper bolt brackets and sawzall off the stock resonator or else the new bumper won't even bolt on. Once you have those cut / ground off you then have to have the brackets re-welded to the metal bumper bracket if you want to re-bolt the bumper cover to the metal bumper frame, which is a MUST or else it will be too flimsy.

Just figure that is good info for this thread. Again not to deter, but members need to know exactly what has to be done before they get stuck in their garage/driveway with no way to put the new bumper on.

"custom" lower bumper brackets
20121116_173326.jpg

custom ran straight exhaust (no resonator or spare tire)
20121116_173253.jpg

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh, it might be that the bumper can be swapped on the 5.3s without pulling the stock resonator as theirs is smaller and in a slightly different location ... but that's just a guess on my part cause I don't know from experience.

The two brackets can also be swapped down the line to make the bumper more secure, but I've seen it in person held up without the brackets and it isn't as if it's going to fly off of there.

So it might be that for the 5.3 Tahoe, Burb, base Yukon, it is indeed a 15 minute swap and deal with the exhaust and brackets later.

Just thinking out loud ...

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be Serge, just wanted to ad my experience to the thread as this thread has tons of good info and if anybody is doing the swap on an Escalade the info is critical. Maybe is doesnt apply to others, but it would be hard to believe GM would put the bumper brackets in different spots.

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have SLP tips/resonator delete, so the resonator isn't an issue. So basically if I order the kit all I have to do is;

1) Remove the old bumper (15-30 minutes)
2) Remove and reposition/weld bumper brackets to hold new bumper (15-30 minutes?)
3) Install new bumper (15-30 minutes)
4) Y pipe exhaust after the muffler and route accordingly

Seems pretty simple - I have a friend with a lift and he can do exhaust work as well. The only other issue I see is how do you hang the pipe coming out of the left side of the truck? The right side has a hanger from the original exhaust but what do you do with the other.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No spare tire Lee.

And you don't have to weld anything. Just unbolt and bolt back on. There are two tabs under the bumper with 10mm bolts. Those tabs are the only thing you would have to relocate, but it's not necessary to have the bumper on. Just gives it more support on the bottom.

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have SLP tips/resonator delete, so the resonator isn't an issue. So basically if I order the kit all I have to do is;

1) Remove the old bumper (15-30 minutes)
2) Remove and reposition/weld bumper brackets to hold new bumper (15-30 minutes?)
3) Install new bumper (15-30 minutes)
4) Y pipe exhaust after the muffler and route accordingly

Seems pretty simple - I have a friend with a lift and he can do exhaust work as well. The only other issue I see is how do you hang the pipe coming out of the left side of the truck? The right side has a hanger from the original exhaust but what do you do with the other.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.

You just add another hanger off the left side frame rail. One per side is plenty.

You guys running the duals have no spare tire right?

From my CB Radio.

Correct, no spare tire.

No spare tire Lee.

And you don't have to weld anything. Just unbolt and bolt back on. There are two tabs under the bumper with 10mm bolts. Those tabs are the only thing you would have to relocate, but it's not necessary to have the bumper on. Just gives it more support on the bottom.

IMHO, for what it's worth, there is no way I would run this bumper without those two lower mounts relocated and bolted down. Those 2 bolts are the only thing holding the cover down on the bottom side. The cheap plastic clips / 6/7mm bolts holding it up top doesn't seem sufficient, especially at highway speeds with the wind blowing freely through the spare tire area and constantly putting strain and pressure on the lower bumper cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia