2011 Yukon Denali oil pressure sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BX4TRAIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi has anyone ever had a problem removing the electrical connector from the oil pressure sender. If so (Help) I’m able to reach the sensor but my hands are to big to squeeze both side of the connector or is there a special tool to remove this connector. Please any advice is great advice. My check engine light is on and my oil pressure gauge is at 0 but truck still runs fine.

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi has anyone ever had a problem removing the electrical connector from the oil pressure sender. If so (Help) I’m able to reach the sensor but my hands are to big to squeeze both side of the connector or is there a special tool to remove this connector. Please any advice is great advice. My check engine light is on and my oil pressure gauge is at 0 but truck still runs fine.

They make a socket to remove the actual sensor, but I'd imagine maybe a pick tool could help with the electrical connector? My hands were too big so I had to go the route of removing the intake manifold & fuel rails.

OP
OP
BX4TRAIN

BX4TRAIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They make a socket to remove the actual sensor, but I'd imagine maybe a pick tool could help with the electrical connector? My hands were too big so I had to go the route of removing the intake manifold & fuel rails.
Yes I have the correct socket to remove the sensor but my hands are a little to big. I’m gonna try a few more things before I remove that manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BX4TRAIN

BX4TRAIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this is what mine looks like and one is the actual picture. I can unlock the white clip in the front section of the connector but my hand is to big to depress the blue side pieces.

IMG_0786.jpgIMG_0661.jpg

drummin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Pretty sure you have to remove the manifold....I had to on my 2011 6.3 L Yukon.

OP
OP
BX4TRAIN

BX4TRAIN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to remove the manifold....I had to on my 2011 6.3 L Yukon.
That’s what I’m figuring because it’s been two weeks now and I’m sick of looking at the check engine light. I have a 2011 6.2 as well.

Mark Wendler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Once you pull up on the white locking piece, then you depress the BLACK tab that is in between the white locking piece in the picture. I was able to replace the sensor on my 2011 6.2 Yukon WITHOUT removing the manifold. Takes a long thin extension and a swivel joint at the special socket. Of course you have to have long arms and be a contortionist to get it done. And even then, it's done mostly by feel. AND, don't forget to address the screen filter underneath it if you have AFM.

PoorMansEscalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should remove the manifold because you also need to change the screen underneath the sensor which gets gummed up and blocks flow to the sensor. Most of the time this is what’s actually wrong and not the sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo