Oil pressure sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil pressure gauge on my 08 Yukon has been pinned at 80 for the past few weeks so I finally decided to change out the sensor a few days ago. I had a spare sensor for my 10 Suburan sitting in the shed so I figured I was go to go. I tried to remove the sensor with the manifold in place and combination of swivels and extensions but with my big hands I couldn't pull it off. I even jacked up the rear of the transmission for some extra space.Nothing causes me more stress and anxiety that trying to work blind in a tight spot while slicing up my hands so I decided to spend the extra 45 minutes and pull the manifold. All's good until I went to install the sensor I had on hand and it had a different connector then the original. Lucky enough Advance Auto had an AC Delco in stock for $90. Part# 12677836. The part # for the one that fits my Suburban which has a flex engine is 12673134. I was definitely surprised they where different. So I got everything back together and all's good now. What I really wanted to share is that Advance Auto gives you a 2yr replacement on the sensor if it goes bad which is good insurance with the way these sensor seem to fail. Happy New Year everyone!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad that it worked out for you, and thank you for the info on Advance Auto's replacement policy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660