2011 Tahoe/Wife says that I need a new vehicle..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baddogdgs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess that I am a newbie here again, haven't posted in a while. My wife wants me to get a new vehicle, she likes a Toyota or Nissan. I can't do that, man I love my 2011 Tahoe LT with 150,000+ miles. I bought it with 93k, it will be 6 years in July. No real problems with it, just maintenance things like batterie, tires, struts, brakes, etc. I did have three of the four quarter panels done in 2019. If I do end up replacing it, I want another Tahoe but not a new one. Any suggestions as to what years to look at dependability wise? Some places are recommending 2016-2020.

Thanks!

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I’ve never been a fan of Toyota or Nissans interior they just feel somewhat cheaper imo besides that my dads old Tundra with the 5.7 went close to 250,000 miles without changing anything but a set of brake pads a battery and a shift selonoid they are definitely dependable over the chevys notorious lifter issues but regardless of the brand they all have their own issues in some way shape or form
I guess that I am a newbie here again, haven't posted in a while. My wife wants me to get a new vehicle, she likes a Toyota or Nissan. I can't do that, man I love my 2011 Tahoe LT with 150,000+ miles. I bought it with 93k, it will be 6 years in July. No real problems with it, just maintenance things like batterie, tires, struts, brakes, etc. I did have three of the four quarter panels done in 2019. If I do end up replacing it, I want another Tahoe but not a new one. Any suggestions as to what years to look at dependability wise? Some places are recommending 2016-2020.

Thanks!

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
2000-2006 and then build it as you wish with the savings. Rock solid years, especially 2005 and 2006.
That was dads body style 06 sr5 crew cab white base model
First burnout I did as a kid was in that truck
I almost got away with it but the tailgate was down and I threw a cooler of fish out in the ditch without knowing and when he went to go up the road he seen his cooler and fish laying there and was livid lol
We beat the shit out of that truck
I swear I don’t even think he changed the oil in the thing but a couple times…

18tahoepremium

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
meh, if you really have to and can afford it I would go with a 2018-2020, the T2's still have lots of bugs
and stay away from any with the 8 speed go 6spd or 10spd
I just had the 6 speed trans rebuilt on my 18 Tahoe at 95k. Had fluid changed twice. From what I heard; the torque converter gives destroying the transmission in the process due to heat. I ended up installing a thermostat bypass, but I guess I was too late.

Last edited:

repairman54

Reaction score
'11 were solid trucks. Old enough to get the new model bugs out. 150k on my LTZ now, bought it with 35k miles and serviced via the severe schedule with full synth. fluids. Other than the normal high mileage rear air shock issues and the normal front hub issues it's been great. I tow with it also. NYS salt zone usage it gets the fluid film treatment every summer.
I also am watching prices but it's replacement will be a Silverado as I've got AWD Equinox and AWD Traverse in the fleet now so no need for another SUV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore