2011 Tahoe/New introduction and help wanted post.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Savageshooter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been lurking for a while, sorry not trying to be a creep, and I finally joined so I could make this post. I am looking for some help or advice before I pull the trigger on more parts.

The vehicle-2011 Tahoe LTZ approx. 185k miles. Vehicle in great shape. My fiance purchased from a family looking to upgrade due to having more children.

The issues- yes I said issues plural, started with the dreaded not able to fill with fuel at the pump. I took off the evap lines at the charcoal canister and pellets everywhere. I changed that still no fix, long story short and a few thousand cusswords later I dropped the fuel tank, went ahead and changed the fuel pump it's around 185k miles. While not showing any symptoms at the time i figured it was a good choice. Went back in with and OEM Delco module and no issues there. Blew all the evap lines out,alot more pellets came out. Discovered pellets in the tank. Cleaned that out. Started to get a p0455 code for evap system leak. Change the purge valve solenoid that's under the hood. That code went away so I assumed it fixed. So the evap issues out of the way my fiance would randomly get a c0561 chasis code for brake boost sensor a/b correlation. I change that sensor out and that problem was cleared up. The issues is randomly we will get the vehicle going into a stall almost whe. You try to apply power. It sputters and shutters, tsc light comes on and it sometimes throws a code for p0507, sometimes nothing but the tsc light will flash. I hate to think the pcm or ecm is going bad but I have been scratching my head at all the random codes that pop up now. So as of today it has a crankshaft position sensor. I purchased a smoke machine to search for vacuum leaks to no avail. I have even smoked the brake booster to see if it has a bad check valve and it's solid. I am sure I am leaving out details that could jeep solve this mystery so any help is appreciated. I swear it seems to be some random electrical issue or the pcm or ecm is giving fits. Thanks for the help and sorry for the long post.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

As stated above, check and clean all grounds, including the ground on the truck's frame under the driver's position. These trucks are very sensitive to corroded grounds.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The suggestions on the ground wires/locations are definitely good. The best way to think about it is, if the circuit has a bad ground, it will look for a ground elsewhere, whichever has the least resistance. This is where the problems start.

As far as stalling under load....

Have you checked the air filter for a rodents nest? How old are the O2 sensors (likely not related)

Clean MAF sensor?

Are there any other stored codes?

I doubt anything made it upstream of the fuel filter but wouldn't hurt to verify adequate fuel pressure at the rail...not sure what it should be but wanted to toss that in.

Pull your evap line just after the throttle body, the one facing upwards, see if you have any of the debris from the canister in the line.

If your P0507 code started after your tangle with the evap system, maybe you have a line disconnected or a broken/cracked fitting along that system.

Has anyone tried to clean the throttle body? Sometimes harsh chemicals can enter the throttle arm if wrong cleaning agents are used.

Do you have a high idle or normal?

OP
OP
S

Savageshooter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey thanks for that. Could anyone tell me w
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

As stated above, check and clean all grounds, including the ground on the truck's frame under the driver's position. These trucks are very sensitive to corroded grounds.

OP
OP
S

Savageshooter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the jumbled up reply. I have checked and cleared the evap codes. I replaced the throttle body due to the high idle and the code it threw. Sorry I don't remeber the code number. It is just odd that I fix one thing and another throws a code. Not saying that it couldn't be possible but this many things it thinks is going wrong seems really odd to me.
I'll start with the grounds. Does anyone have a list,number, and location of these that I should check? That would be greatly appreciated. MAF is clean and in good shape. The air filter is also clean ish and the box is rat/mouse free. I will post some pictures this evening. And again, thank you all for the replies and some thoughts on what to check next.

OP
OP
S

Savageshooter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The suggestions on the ground wires/locations are definitely good. The best way to think about it is, if the circuit has a bad ground, it will look for a ground elsewhere, whichever has the least resistance. This is where the problems start.

As far as stalling under load....

Have you checked the air filter for a rodents nest? How old are the O2 sensors (likely not related)

Clean MAF sensor?

Are there any other stored codes?

I doubt anything made it upstream of the fuel filter but wouldn't hurt to verify adequate fuel pressure at the rail...not sure what it should be but wanted to toss that in.

Pull your evap line just after the throttle body, the one facing upwards, see if you have any of the debris from the canister in the line.

If your P0507 code started after your tangle with the evap system, maybe you have a line disconnected or a broken/cracked fitting along that system.

Has anyone tried to clean the throttle body? Sometimes harsh chemicals can enter the throttle arm if wrong cleaning agents are used.

Do you have a high idle or normal?
Hello, I did check fuel pressure and verified that it is good and holding as it should as well. The only stored or permanent codes is the one for brake boost sensor correlation A/B, and the crankshaft position sensor. But I've had a lot of codes that I'll fix or replace a part and something else comes up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts