2011 Electronic Gremlins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digdug18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Yukon 4x4, having intermittent electrical/electronic gremlins. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Vehicle will occasionally buck/transmission won’t shift or engage. During this time the radio turns off completely and all the dash lights flash.

I’ve had my mechanic drive it and they can’t replicate this issue.

Recently after coming back from a short drive, I shut off the vehicle as normal and all of the electronics ceased operating for about a minute, locking me inside the vehicle. The door locks and everything wasn’t powered.

Does anyone know if this could be a grounding issue or a tcm or Ecu problem? Anyone else experience any of these issues?

I’m kinda stumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike L

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Yukon 4x4, having intermittent electrical/electronic gremlins. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Vehicle will occasionally buck/transmission won’t shift or engage. During this time the radio turns off completely and all the dash lights flash.

I’ve had my mechanic drive it and they can’t replicate this issue.

Recently after coming back from a short drive, I shut off the vehicle as normal and all of the electronics ceased operating for about a minute, locking me inside the vehicle. The door locks and everything wasn’t powered.

Does anyone know if this could be a grounding issue or a tcm or Ecu problem? Anyone else experience any of these issues?

I’m kinda stumped.

I have a 2010 Yukon XL Denali (150,000 miles) and had the exact same issues. Fortunately, I was able to replicate the problem with the dealership's Shop Foreman in the passenger seat. They found the problem. It turned out to be two things: 1) The battery terminal connectors needed to be tightened (apparently, these years of trucks had a problem with battery terminal connectors coming loose), and 2) something with the ebcm/fuses; the repair invoice said "Code c0900 ebcm; found doc 3636388, checked fuse tighten fuse". So it was a battery terminal connector problem (tighten) and fuses for ebcm. After the dealer fixed those things, we haven't had a problem since. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
D

digdug18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, I’ll check both of those once I get home.

I know that the battery cables have been replaced, grounds cleaned, etc. but I’ll double check. It’s such an annoying problem for an otherwise excellent vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65