2011 Chevy Tahoe best LED Headlights???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NW Louisiana

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe. The headlights are obviously dim, yellow, etc. The covers (plastic) is very scratched. I’ve tried the cleaning kits, worked okay but not good enough. All in I need to completely replace the entire assembly with new LED lights. Can someone please give me some feedback on this. I don’t want any flickering, off and on stuff. I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I converted these lights to a Quadratic LED version, they have been amazing. I’m sure Chevy has some trusted alternative like Jeep/Quadratic, I just haven’t found it. Thank you in advance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of good LED systems out there. For me, I use GTR Ultra 2 LED headlights. They are quite expensive, but they are guaranteed for life.

The most important aspect of using LEDs, by far, is the proper alignment of the LEDs upon installation. Buy only LED systems that are rotationally adjustable, so that you can achieve proper LED alignment.

The actual LED beam adjustment mechanism is different for different brands/models, but the instructions supplied with the LEDs (or an installation guide on their product web site) should guide you through the process.

Bottom line, the popsicle stick in the LED headlight holding the LED chips needs to be as close to vertical as possible, after installed and locked into place in the headlight housing, with the LED chips pointing to the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions. The photo of the guide below, while not for your specific brand/model, will give you a visual sense of how these LED headlights need to be positioned in a correct alignment within the headlight housing.

LED Headlight Alignment Guide.jpg

One other item to note is that aftermarket LED headlights are Federally illegal for street use. So, keep that in mind when you go for inspections. While 90+% of Inspectors probably won't be looking that closely, some will.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe. The headlights are obviously dim, yellow, etc. The covers (plastic) is very scratched. I’ve tried the cleaning kits, worked okay but not good enough. All in I need to completely replace the entire assembly with new LED lights. Can someone please give me some feedback on this. I don’t want any flickering, off and on stuff. I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I converted these lights to a Quadratic LED version, they have been amazing. I’m sure Chevy has some trusted alternative like Jeep/Quadratic, I just haven’t found it. Thank you in advance.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note that the lights Joseph shows will NOT fit a Tahoe without significant surgery to the radiator support. I used a set that had the passive heat sinks (they look like metal ribbons coming off the back) and those just fit. The headlight assembly has to come out to install them, but they do work, if you get the right ones. Unfortunatly, it's been a few years since that install, and I cannot remember exactly what brand we got.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced my assemblies with these since the originals had holes cut in for strobes and whatnot...The were cracked and yellowed - I did put a set of LED bulb in before replacing and it vastly improved light output and visibility. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MBC8LF1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are the high beams LEDs - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081YVL3CB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Amazon doesnt carry the Low Beams but same manufacturer using H11/H9 bulbs - Walmart has them - https://www.walmart.com/ip/ZonCar-H...ulbs-Ice-Blue-4000-Lumens-Pack-of-2/558131287

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons