2010 Interior light replacement to LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hound_dog

Reaction score
I installed these same LEDs in my 2007 Suburban and my wife really likes how bright and white the light is now.
The last step was these vanity lights...I thought they'd be a challenge but watching a youtube video, I decided to try it last night. I was able to get 3 of the 4 light covers off using my fingers only. The last one I needed to get a pry tool to help out. Done in less than 15 minutes.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave this kit a try, seems decent enough. Two of the festoons didn't have end caps that were secure but oh well. I have two additional bulbs that I don't have a home for. They are push in base with 1 led pointed in each direction of the square. Where are these supposed to go?

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave this kit a try, seems decent enough. Two of the festoons didn't have end caps that were secure but oh well. I have two additional bulbs that I don't have a home for. They are push in base with 1 led pointed in each direction of the square. Where are these supposed to go?

Sounds like the 194 bulbs for your license plate.

OP
OP
totalpackage

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing the plate lights, I also had 2 left over but figured it was for the bottom of exterior mirrors which mine do not have the option so...spare bulbs.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to pry the light covers off of the vanity lights, using two very small screwdrivers. The replacement LEDs are on order, and I will complete the installation, upon receipt of the LEDs.

Thanks again for the guidance on how to get the vanity light covers off.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completed my conversion of the vanity lights to LEDs. I'm now 100% LED on this truck.

Thanks again for the guidance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow!! That is different. A much 'warmer' feel inside for the occupants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63