2008 Denali XL..Suspensions. From autoride to passive shocks and struts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If you decide to keep the stock height, in my opinion you can't go wrong with the factory system. Rockauto has the OEM z55 autoride rear air shocks for $250 each. I just installed a fresh set in each of our Denali's and they're holding pressure great. Originals on my '12 lasted 117K and were holding pressure fine, but one started to leak a little hydraulic fluid so I replaced them. The units on my '07 were unknown and were leaking just enough air to require replacement. Both will hold pressure 100% now with a 4000' trailer.

Arnott will buy your old factory auto ride shocks for cores and rebuild them... at least they would a few years back when I swapped mine... you should call and ask them. They sent me shipping labels and everything... may recoup some of your money.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arnott will buy your old factory auto ride shocks for cores and rebuild them... at least they would a few years back when I swapped mine... you should call and ask them. They sent me shipping labels and everything... may recoup some of your money.
I think they still do. If you buy the AS-2700’s, I think they’ll give you $25 a shock. The AS-2708’s have a $50 core charge through RockAuto.

Reaction score
Don't forget RockAuto's 5% discount code they always have posted in the vendors forum.

Just ordered a set earlier today. $385 after 5% discount and $50 core charge for each. So $285 after sending back old ones and getting core charge back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you tow you can’t beat the factory rear set up, especially with a lifetime warranty from Armott. If you go with helper bags you might spend as much or more than getting the Armott set up and it’s much easier having the rear adjust itself vs adding air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons