2007 Yukon..Engine issues. Need help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the actual codes you are seeing?

How old is your battery?

A quick thing that you can try to get your dah out of its little snot-fit is disconnect both the positive and negative battery cables and touch them together. I know it sounds weird, but it has solved a lot of problems when things just go haywire.
That is wrong Never discharge the system doing that

there is better ways to do that, without shorting it out.
plug in a cell adapter to the 12volt socket or cycle the key a few times...

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is wrong Never discharge the system doing that

there is better ways to do that, without shorting it out.
plug in a cell adapter to the 12volt socket or cycle the key a few times...

That is a matter of opinion.

If both cables are disconnected, what you are saying to do is doing nothing different than what I recommended.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a matter of opinion.

If both cables are disconnected, what you are saying to do is doing nothing different than what I recommended.
its adding a load rather then shorting it to ground.... short circuit is different then adding a load to remove charge from the system
Even a resistor load will reset the computer

it only takes a few seconds to reset the computer on one these anyway.... by flipping on the headlights... with the battery disconnected why risk damaging a ECM or something else that will cost a ton of money to replace just to save a couple of seconds?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
its adding a load rather then shorting it to ground.... short circuit is different then adding a load to remove charge from the system
Even a resistor load will reset the computer

it only takes a few seconds to reset the computer on one these anyway.... by flipping on the headlights... with the battery disconnected why risk damaging a ECM or something else that will cost a ton of money to replace just to save a couple of seconds?
Perfect. With all the resistance that exists in the grounding system, as you have pointed out numerous times, there should be enough load so there is. It a direct short like you say.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect. With all the resistance that exists in the grounding system, as you have pointed out numerous times, there should be enough load so there is. It a direct short like you say.
that is still a Resistive load
it's still not a short circuit

and since it's an incomplete circuit it would have no effect..

i.e turning the headlight is a completed circuit which can discharge the system without potentially causing damage..

a good example is the air bag controller module it uses a Resistive load (a bleeder resistor)to safely discharge the module.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brent go away, go measure your wheel height again since you seem to be confused about what 2" is

Jason, the 02 sensor's on these trucks are rated for 100k miles, I would recommend changing all 4 at once, you can get a good price from rock auto, the set of 4 ran me about $200 or close to it. you may want to also order a crows foot & 02 sensor socket to get the drivers side one in & out it's a real *****, you wont hurt anything disconnecting the battery, while you have the cables off give the battery post and cable ends a good scrub with a wire brush. These trucks are pretty finicky when there is power fluctuations, poor ground etc we see it all the time.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brent go away, go measure your wheel height again since you seem to be confused about what 2" is
i looked at my parking spot it was just a bump in the spot were i park so the axle was tilting forgot it was a solid axle... it's still stupid to short the connections out anyways This is not a vehicle from 1960s where you can disconnect random shit when it's running without damaging anything and short shit out without problem... mine resets as soon as you pull the power cable from the battery anyways, so the NNBS don't need to be discharged at all..

it WOULD in fact cause damage if reverse polarity protection diode(s) were bad(or none were in place)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts