2007 Yukon..Engine issues. Need help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So from my understanding EVERYONE says GM is wrong?

Do not connect positive (+) to negative (−) or you will get a short that would damage the battery and maybe other parts too
:eek:

Capturefffff.JPG

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I play around with electronics a bit and I would highly recommend discharging any circuit through a resistance load. I usually use a light bulb sized to suit.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So from my understanding EVERYONE says GM is wrong?

Do not connect positive (+) to negative (−) or you will get a short that would damage the battery and maybe other parts too
:eek:

View attachment 237582
Jesus Christ man, nobody said anything about disconnecting it while it is running, and nobody said anything about shorting the battery which is what the highlighted section you are referring is talking about.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The original recommendation was for both cable ends, from the battery, are off and touched together. That picture shows something like an example of connecting jumper cables wrong or touching a removed cable end to a still attached cable end at the battery. Two totally different scenarios. Maybe just a misunderstanding. Let's call it good. :chewie:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to Agree with Thomas, the proper way is to gently release any stored power, once the cables are off I usually just hit the brake pedal a few times, turn the headlight switch on/off a few times, turn the key to run and back a few times.

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So update.

you guys have made me smile and also gave me a lot of good information.

take a metal tool and place it in between the positive and negative on my battery got it.

Just playing around but seriously.
I did install a new MAF assembly and nothing changed. I plan I’m ordering another map sensor since I could have gotten a bad one new and I am going to start looking into replacing all O2 sensors. Thanks for the information. I will keep you all updated. Please continue to provide information. I will run with it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So update.

you guys have made me smile and also gave me a lot of good information.

take a metal tool and place it in between the positive and negative on my battery got it.

Just playing around but seriously.
I did install a new MAF assembly and nothing changed. I plan I’m ordering another map sensor since I could have gotten a bad one new and I am going to start looking into replacing all O2 sensors. Thanks for the information. I will keep you all updated. Please continue to provide information. I will run with it.

Laser light show ftw.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Get a Tech-2 for proper diagnosis. Use only GM OE or ACDelco Professional parts.

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Tech-2 for proper diagnosis. Use only GM OE or ACDelco Professional parts.

I would love to take it to a dealer at this point to tell me what’s needed but living on a island in alaska I don’t have all the resources I would like t have. Links to items that you recommended would be helpful.
Thank you.

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
Just a Thought almost sounds like a vacuum leak or low fuel pressure . Maybe spray some carb clean around intake but Get a fire extinguisher close by in case a coil lights off. Just a thought.