2007 Yukon..Engine issues. Need help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So truck is fixed. I hope!!!

$500 later in upgrades and work. MAF upgrade, map sensor replaced, O2 sensors ordered (Still going to replace), can of carb cleaner found no leaks, and a visual inspection. What did I find? You asked. My damn catch can petcock valve was cracked and sucking in air. Yup an air leak.

I hope the problem is resolved and the check engine light stays away. Will update if I have any further issues.

thanks you all ‍

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
food for thought...
When was the last time you cleaned the throttle body?
p0106 is the map sensor, a dirty throttle body can be the cause
this is probably more info than what is needed but if you skip to 9:15 in the video he starts to get to the point.

throttle body replaced this summer

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have the original still? if so try putting it back on and see if the problem goes away or not

new one was replaced due to the sensor failure before. The valve was covered in oil and very dirty. After a cleaning it kept throwing a check engine light so I tossed it. I move ever few years so I can’t keep everything. I already keep to much as it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3