2007 Yukon..Engine issues. Need help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright where do I start. 2007 Yukon SLT 5.3.

Call was shifting rough and idling bad

check engine light came on.
Map sensor
Lean bank 1
Lean bank 2

replaced map sensor

shifting rough went away.

lean bank 1 and bank 2 stayed.

ordered a new MAF unit. Being shipped now.

car runs a little rough not to bad

this morning the DIC indicates the car is in park and no speed indication when driving. The seat belt and airbag lights are flashing and seat belt is connected.

where do I start. Please send me anything you have for me.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright where do I start. 2007 Yukon SLT 5.3.

Call was shifting rough and idling bad

check engine light came on.
Map sensor
Lean bank 1
Lean bank 2

replaced map sensor

shifting rough went away.

lean bank 1 and bank 2 stayed.

ordered a new MAF unit. Being shipped now.

car runs a little rough not to bad

this morning the DIC indicates the car is in park and no speed indication when driving. The seat belt and airbag lights are flashing and seat belt is connected.

where do I start. Please send me anything you have for me.

What are the actual codes you are seeing?

How old is your battery?

A quick thing that you can try to get your dah out of its little snot-fit is disconnect both the positive and negative battery cables and touch them together. I know it sounds weird, but it has solved a lot of problems when things just go haywire.

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the actual codes you are seeing?

How old is your battery?

A quick thing that you can try to get your dah out of its little snot-fit is disconnect both the positive and negative battery cables and touch them together. I know it sounds weird, but it has solved a lot of problems when things just go haywire.

I will have to give you the codes of the edge when the wife gets home from work. We only live a mile from work so it wasn’t a big deal driving.

battery is a year and half old. But we do live in Alaska. So anything is possible.

touch battery leads together? Really?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have to give you the codes of the edge when the wife gets home from work. We only live a mile from work so it wasn’t a big deal driving.

battery is a year and half old. But we do live in Alaska. So anything is possible.

touch battery leads together? Really?

Battery cables. After disconnecting them from battery of course. It’s like a reboot in the car.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
With that mileage you may need to replace at least the oxygen sensors, especially if they are all the same age.

I would also, while you have the battery cables off the battery, look at all the ground wires that are all over the place, especially anywhere on the engine and at the firewall and frame connections. Many many threads here about dirty/loose/corroded ground contacts causing multiple codes all at once.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
P0174
P0171
P0106

130k miles
In addition to what Ron mentioned about O2 sensors, Just for kicks, check the PCV hose that goes from your drivers side valve cover to the intake manifold, particularly where it attaches to the valve cover. They have been known to split there.

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife j
In addition to what Ron mentioned about O2 sensors, Just for kicks, check the PCV hose that goes from your drivers side valve cover to the intake manifold, particularly where it attaches to the valve cover. They have been known to split there.

Wife just got home and when she started the car to come home everything on the dash worked normal. It is snowing pretty good outside so I am going. To let it be. MAF gets here on Monday so I will rip into the car then. Thank you for all the info. I will plan on checking the ground. Great idea. O2 sensor. Probably should do that anyways. I am a preventive maintenance guy. Love that idea as well. Thank you for all the info. I will have to do a relearn on the system for the MAF anyways so I will be doing some battery work then.
Thanks again all for the details. Will continue to watch this if you all have more guidance.
Jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645