2007 Yukon..Engine issues. Need help asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vettes980

Reaction score
Vacuum leaks caused those codes on my 07 Denali. The specific one was driver side rear engine. It was a 45 degree boot near the oil pressure sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The damn car keeps increasing RPM after I put it into park. Flying up to 3k rpm then idles fine when I put it into gear.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your PCV line going from your driver side valve cover to the intake to make sure both ends are good. I had the valve cover end split on me on my 2007. Also make sure the vacuum line going to your brake booster is in good shape.

OP
OP
Kodiak Yukon

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do tomorrow. We are getting so much snow right now. Hoping to take the truck into the hangar for a few mins after work tomorrow. Hope to be able to figure something out.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to take it to a dealer at this point to tell me what’s needed but living on a island in alaska I don’t have all the resources I would like t have. Links to items that you recommended would be helpful.
Thank you.

You can get them off Ebay, just be sure to select the 33.004 software and that it comes with the CANDI module. Recommend to people to select a seller who has good reviews and has sold more than a few.

Some guys buy the VXDIAG NANO with GDS software and a Dell tablet updated to Windows 10. Look for posts with links by Wes, @Doubeleive.

Definitely vacuum or induction related. Used to see that crazy idling with a bad MAP or Mass Airflow Sensor.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
food for thought...
When was the last time you cleaned the throttle body?
p0106 is the map sensor, a dirty throttle body can be the cause
this is probably more info than what is needed but if you skip to 9:15 in the video he starts to get to the point.

Jetav8r7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright where do I start. 2007 Yukon SLT 5.3.

Call was shifting rough and idling bad

check engine light came on.
Map sensor
Lean bank 1
Lean bank 2

replaced map sensor

shifting rough went away.

lean bank 1 and bank 2 stayed.

ordered a new MAF unit. Being shipped now.

car runs a little rough not to bad

this morning the DIC indicates the car is in park and no speed indication when driving. The seat belt and airbag lights are flashing and seat belt is connected.

where do I start. Please send me anything you have for me.

This issues you are seeing are from the grounds. I had theses same exact symptoms. long story short I cleaned all the existing grounds. didn't fix it. I then replaced every single ground and battery cables. and also added a few extra points to ground. alternator frame, engine block and body to frame. that was in 2015. I have not had a single issue with those symptoms. I have 360,000 miles on my 2010 Tahoe. Those damn grounds are absolute vital to this vehicle functions properly.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am so glad I am in a state where we don't have rust and corrosion issues. Ground problems would drive me nuts.

Jetav8r7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am so glad I am in a state where we don't have rust and corrosion issues. Ground problems would drive me nuts.
I can tell that rust wasn’t the cause of my particular issue. We do not get a lot of rust events in my state. This particular Tahoe platform and suburban platform is just subject to extremely temperamental ground degradation. All of my grounds looks good. I pulled every single ground off my vehicle and installed new ones and added a few new points of contact. There’s something about this design that seems to be susceptible to ground degradation issues. I also experienced this on my 05 suburban. My 2010 Tahoe did the same damn thing! It’s very annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts