2007 Yukon Denali XL Transmission Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
i was going to agree swathdriver about the filter dropping and the pump cavitating until i heard the vid, sorry man, your trans is fubar! dont spend a penny on anything other than reman/replacing. my opinion is to get an off the shelf remanufactured unit with converter from a reputable source with a 3 year warranty.

OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score
i was going to agree swathdriver about the filter dropping and the pump cavitating until i heard the vid, sorry man, your trans is fubar! dont spend a penny on anything other than reman/replacing. my opinion is to get an off the shelf remanufactured unit with converter from a reputable source with a 3 year warranty.
You don't think a replacement TechM is the right first step. All the feedback to date has been focusing on that and the bad noise is coming from that unit not the transmission itself

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
You don't think a replacement TechM is the right first step. All the feedback to date has been focusing on that and the bad noise is coming from that unit not the transmission itself

I dont think a tehcm is going to fix that noise, Im trying not to be negative but that noise is component damage or failure. i just passed 141k with the same vehicle and will soon be faced with the situation your in. Someone on the forum just did a $4,800 oem reman with 3 year warranty all work performed by the dealer and the warranty works at any GM dealership in North America. If you love the car as we do i think that is the way to go. if finances wont allow you to do it that way than do a salvage pull with tq converter and roll the dice. hang in there!I know you probably cant do it yourself but tearing it down will reveal the problem, you could drop the pan and see what type of debris is in it, with that much noise somthing is shedding some material of some sort. it is a messy job but it will make you feel better knowing somthing is absolutely bad? tehcm's fail electronically ie switches and from debris clogging and sticking piston valves, also stuck/deteriorated check balls.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score
I dont think a tehcm is going to fix that noise, Im trying not to be negative but that noise is component damage or failure. i just passed 141k with the same vehicle and will soon be faced with the situation your in. Someone on the forum just did a $4,800 oem reman with 3 year warranty all work performed by the dealer and the warranty works at any GM dealership in North America. If you love the car as we do i think that is the way to go. if finances wont allow you to do it that way than do a salvage pull with tq converter and roll the dice. hang in there!I know you probably cant do it yourself but tearing it down will reveal the problem, you could drop the pan and see what type of debris is in it, with that much noise somthing is shedding some material of some sort. it is a messy job but it will make you feel better knowing somthing is absolutely bad? tehcm's fail electronically ie switches and from debris clogging and sticking piston valves, also stuck/deteriorated check balls.
We might love them but its likely worth 10k max so to spend 5k on a replacement transmission makes little sense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz