2007 Yukon Denali XL Transmission Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After removing the fuse box all the codes were wiped and the check engine light was off. I restarted the car a made this video of the noise coming from the transmission which hopefully you can hear that is making a strange noise.

https://youtu.be/n_mzEiy9qhI

No gears are engaging.

No engine check light came back on but I did get the code - trans solenoid A stuck so I am pretty convinced that there is something busted in the trans case somewhere.

So I think it's time to get an expert to look at it. Can anyone suggest a decent transmission shop in the San Jose CA area please?

Andrew, same suggestions as posts #5 and #6. Jamison offered to help diagnose/clean/test with his Tech-2. You could replace the entire TECHM from the underside without removing the transmission but it would still require the services of a Tech-2 for programming the computer to your VIN. If you go this route, do not use Dorman, use only GM OE. The Dormans have a terrible failure rate, like 5 of 6!

OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score
Andrew, same suggestions as posts #5 and #6. Jamison offered to help diagnose/clean/test with his Tech-2. You could replace the entire TECHM from the underside without removing the transmission but it would still require the services of a Tech-2 for programming the computer to your VIN. If you go this route, do not use Dorman, use only GM OE. The Dormans have a terrible failure rate, like 5 of 6!
thanks Swathdiver but I dont have the skill or experience for that level of work

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
er, as far as the pistol goes that would be a no?

thanks for the link,

It would seem like you are quite sure its the pressure switch that needs replacing?
If Swathdiver suggests something, I recommend that you consider it to be a high percentage suggestion. He's helped a lot of folks on this Forum.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
er, as far as the pistol goes that would be a no?

thanks for the link,

It would seem like you are quite sure its the pressure switch that needs replacing?

So how do you keep your pistol clean?

Pretty sure as that is what the code suggests. But since I am making a diagnosis from my chair hundreds of miles away, I suggested the tests to make sure. In addition, being disabled, perusing these forums is about all I can do anymore and having spent the time perusing the pages of these forums, the solenoids needing rebuilding is always the cure when guys don't just replace the whole transmission.

OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score
So how do you keep your pistol clean?

Pretty sure as that is what the code suggests. But since I am making a diagnosis from my chair hundreds of miles away, I suggested the tests to make sure. In addition, being disabled, perusing these forums is about all I can do anymore and having spent the time perusing the pages of these forums, the solenoids needing rebuilding is always the cure when guys don't just replace the whole transmission.

Thanks and I am very grateful for your advice and glad guys like you are helping us all out.

Next thing is to find a good local tech

OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score
Thanks and I am very grateful for your advice and glad guys like you are helping us all out.

Next thing is to find a good local tech

Upon closer inspection to the wiring loom I noticed some rodent damage.

Nothing seems to be chewed through but could they still be shorting?

Is it possible this level of wire damage could effect the transmission?

3E944789-DA1E-4D15-8960-9081172477C6.jpeg 82A583BE-7BCC-44B6-B0AE-6959BDD1CE3A.jpeg 83F814A1-0CF5-4E52-AC1D-466C9D68927D.jpeg

OP
OP
2007 Denali XL
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts