2007 Esky Head unit upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I know this is now an older truck but to me its new and I haven't quite found a satisfactory answer. I picked up a 2007 Escalade ESV.
It has the factory navigation and the dual disc loaders, 6 disc and RSE. I don't think either work. Is there any other faceplate besides the Metra one with the cubby hole above? I obviously need to retain the RSE and eliminate the cd and dvd slot. Any suggestions? Current head unit selection is scarce but I like the Pioneer 4500. Any advice or tips would be great. Modifying factory systems is not new to me.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got them companies like phoenix automotive that make full screen radios that fit in in your factory spot. I’ve never used them but I see them a lot. So maybe others will have some better input. But check out their site

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check on Crutchfield. They will have a number of head units and interconnection devices that will match up to your truck. Lots of folks here use Kenwood and Pioneer, but there are other good brands, as well.

OP
OP
Matt06Yukon

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ill check out Phoenix automotive.
You got them companies like phoenix automotive that make full screen radios that fit in in your factory spot. I’ve never used them but I see them a lot. So maybe others will have some better input. But check out their site

OP
OP
Matt06Yukon

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check on Crutchfield. They will have a number of head units and interconnection devices that will match up to your truck. Lots of folks here use Kenwood and Pioneer, but there are other good brands, as well.
Crutchfield has been my go to for 25 years, the Metra was the only option they had. And for head units, almost all are sold out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore