2007 Denali Cylinder 6 Oil Foul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can change a tire? you can change the driver side valve cover. DO IT.

If your sparkies look like my sparkies in the link I provided? then you know there is at least an oil control piston ring problem. Compression may still be good, mine was.

I did things a little differently than how the TSB says to do it. I sometimes think I know a better way smile.gif and this time it worked out.

First drain the oil and leave the plug out. I took all the sparkies out, squirted Motor Medic by Gunk(AutoZone) in the plug holes, You can get a turkey baster or large syringe(tractor supply) and let it soak in the combustion chambers for hrs, then put a socket and breaker bar on the harmonic balancer bolt, then wiggled it back and forth, then repeat. I did this several times over a whole weekend. Anything that gets by the rings will drain out.

Before putting the sparkies back in, I spun the engine over a lot with the starter to get it all the Motor Medic out of the combustion chambers.

Re-fill with oil. Drive it for 500 miles. Then do an oil and filter change with the best $$ can buy, and hopefully you'll have great results like me.

Did you see the pics of my sparkies?, no codes, no misfires, was running fine, unbelievable right? I cleaned them in my media blast cabinet, and put them back in the engine and they're still firing fine today.

You won't catch me adding any volvent to my crankcase and/or engine oil to break the gunk loose for fear of clogging up an oil passage or something.
View media item 28060

OP
OP
K

Keoder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Don! I’m gonna take a shot at what you said.

And you think it’ll help even though it’s the #6 cylinder on the passenger side? Man, this seems so much more digestible from a cost standpoint than new valve seals, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts