2007 6.2 #6 cylinder misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YaCat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon 6.2 270k miles

I troubleshooted a #6 cylinder misfire code to a bad spark plug. The plug looks like this. Looks like it had a hard life. Besides the oil saturation, does this say anything on the condition of the motor?

IMG_0942.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How many miles on the plug, where was it purchased, and what mfr and part number?

It's clearly worn down (looking past the deposits) and was likely not firing, but I'd be interested to know if it's the right plug for your engine and if it's a counterfeit plug.

Are the other plugs the same part number and how do a few of them look?

OP
OP
Y

YaCat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I have not looked at the others yet but if they all could look like that I definitely should. The old one was a NGK TR5GP and I replaced with the Delco Iridium the parts store sold me.

OP
OP
Y

YaCat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mileage is unknown, I bought the truck with 240k miles on it and now up to 270k. I suspect the originals were replaced with these NGKs on at least 1 occasion but just a theory

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the #3 or #5 plug yet? Looks like you need to change plugs, wires, possibly coils ...
Since you don't have a PCV valve, do your valvecovers need addressing?

OP
OP
Y

YaCat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today I did driver side bank 1/3/5/7. Here’s an image of the NGK single plat next to the delco iridium I replaced with. They all looked similar. Just need to do 2/4/8 now but it got cold again in Michigan and I’m doing this in the driveway so that’s how it goes sometimes.

IMG_0992.jpeg

OP
OP
Y

YaCat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see #3 is misfiring with a new plug installed, will have to check that
IMG_0999.jpeg

OP
OP
Y

YaCat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The original replacement had a bent electrode that I hadn’t noticed when installing. The replacement looks much better. I’m seeing a small amount of intermittent misfires on other cylinders, I guess it doesn’t like some being new and others being old. I will get to them quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660