2006 Yukon Denali XL-Selling it-SOLD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
These handles are off the second row Captain's chairs of the new Denali. I can use vice grips on the splined stems and fold the seat backs down. Does anyone have a good source for the handles? Even though the handle shows a hole on the end and that looks like there should be a retaining/attaching screw, to hold handle on, there is no threaded hole on the splined stem for a screw to go in to. As you can see, the splined stems have a split in the center that I can assume is the locating spot for a "fat spline". Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I downloaded pics but cannot see them in my computer photos. Will post the pics asap.
I figured out my pics download problem, from my phone to my computer and could not even post the pics to the forum from my phone. Some how, I had my settings for my camera set at "HEIC" pics instead of "JPG" pics. Swapped it back in my settings and now works normally. It was a PITA.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Typical of that era. My '02 S10, that I owned since 9K miles, had its original handles up until I swapped in some G8 seats cuz I had already known about the issue. I never leaned on the seat back when adjusting and if I had to tilt the seat forward to access behind it, I'd give the seat back a firm forward and back shaking to "break it loose". I'd hold the seat back to keep pressure off the handle, pull it up fully, then control the seat forward with my other hand. Just pulling the handle until the detent cleared the notch to let it fly forward keeps the mechanism in a bind the whole time until it violently releases.

But I'm also one of those that never held the steering wheel in the same spot at all times to prevent wearing through. Still do that with my Tahoe.
I fidget too much for that problem. I am constantly changing the way I sit in my seat and how I hold the steering wheel and I usually hold the steering wheel with my finger tips.

carterchapman

Reaction score
Well I did it. I finally got my 6.0 engine. In a 136k miles Yukon Denali XL with the same Silver Birch Metallic paint as my Tahoe. Has one small indent that looks easy enough to just push out and a couple of scrapes that made it to the primer and the clear coat above the driver's door is peeling. 1/2 tread Michelin tires all around and runs smooth and accels as good as my BB traditional tune Tahoe. I paid $10k cash and will supply pics here tomorrow. I think what is gonna happen is that my girl will keep the Tahoe and I will sell the 2002 72k miles Trail Blazer.
Just like my '05 - 233,000 and counting. Runs perfectly and uses no oil...

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, long story short. Because my girl has driven the Denali and does not like it and she can't bear to part with her two other vehicles, the 2006 Yukon Denali is going bye bye. The new title should be here in about 2 weeks and then I am gonna sell it. If any member knows of anyone in the PNW area that is looking for something like this, tell them I just want my purchase money back, $10k. Since owning it I have paid for a title, 2 more fobs-now have 3 fobs and extra keys-now have 4 keys. It will also have the two new second row Captain's chair seat back release handles installed. Comes with owner's manual. There is just no way I would keep this truck, even though I love the 6.0 engine, over my Tahoe. A friend of mine said it best.....I have gone over and updated everything on the Tahoe from valve stem cap to antenna tip.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It happens. If I can get my purchase price back, I will be happy. I edited my Build Thread with a "Cancelled" banner.

If anyone is interested, contact here or message me for all pics I have. Once I get the title, likely about 2 weeks, I will do an official post in the For Sale section.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Update on the 2006 Yukon Denali XL sale progress. I have now updated my CL ad because I got the new clean title. I went to the Oregon DMV on Tuesday and 5 days later, today, I got the new title in the mail. They told me at the counter, will take 3 to 4 weeks for the title to come.

I was told by the Concealed Carry License people, of the state of Oregon, that my license would take 2 to 3 weeks to come in the mail. Then she said that the state tells them to say that to every person that applies for a license. I got that license in the mail in less than a week too.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Update on the 2006 Yukon Denali XL sale progress. I have now updated my CL ad because I got the new clean title. I went to the Oregon DMV on Tuesday and 5 days later, today, I got the new title in the mail. They told me at the counter, will take 3 to 4 weeks for the title to come.

I was told by the Concealed Carry License people, of the state of Oregon, that my license would take 2 to 3 weeks to come in the mail. Then she said that the state tells them to say that to every person that applies for a license. I got that license in the mail in less than a week too.

That's called "under-promising and over-delivering." Might make you think they're really good operators, but it's just a game to keep your expectations low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019