2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL-SOLD!!! Now work begins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
After recently buying this vehicle, I am selling it because my girl does not like driving it because of the cavernous feel inside the vehicle. I had started a "Build Thread" so some of what I found is there. I did think the rear of intake was leaking oil but after further closer inspection, with a light and mirror, the valve covers leak oil. There is seepage at the water pump. I pressurized the cooling system and it held pressure for 15 minutes but it is wet where the weep hole would be. Amazingly, the rest of the vehicle under carriage is dry. My inspection shows it to have what I believe are the original plugs in it but looks to have had the plug wires changed. It does run smooth with lots of power and no CEL. The interior is fantastic and the missing seat recline levers for the 2nd row Captain's chairs are ordered and will be installed asap. Has a scrape or two and a couple small dimples on body. Has 136k miles on it. Has 50% left on the Michelin Defender tires. See pics. I am going to ask for $11,000 on the local web sites but asking for $10k from members. I paid that for it. I paid for a new title and should be here in about 2-3 weeks. I also have 3 key fobs and 4 keys. I also have paperwork done by the previous owner.

The VIN....1GKFK66U76J153225...you can look up the VIN decoder at this forum, under TOOLS... https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/

20231026_091451.jpg20231026_091442.jpg20231026_091309.jpg20231026_091343.jpg20231026_091530.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thought she was gonna drive the Tahoe?
That was an option at first but she soon changed her mind because she knew how much work I had put in the Tahoe since I bought it. She then offered to take over the Denali and also offered that if she liked it she "COULD", key word COULD, see her way to selling the pickup and the TB. She says she just cannot see as well with the Denali and cannot get used to the interior cavernous feeling.

Listing it for sale is something I want to do with a full disclosure effect. I see the oil leaks. I see the coolant seepage even though it holds pressure. I am paying for the second row seats release levers. Hell, I even put over $100 of fuel in the 31 gallon tank. I even shared the fact that it likely has original plugs but wires have been changed.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Women are never happy!

Back to looking for a 4th Gen 4Runner?
It appears that way but she is worn out and wants to wait for after the holidays for that search to continue. She has made 4 different trips to the DFW area in the last 4 months, for medical concerns with her daughter. She is a retired flight attendant with AA, so there is no flight costs but the constant trips to airport and lugging bags is wearing on her. Plus the time spent with the daughter at her home and the hospital has just taken it's toll.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the local posted at CL, it is now up with 24 pictures.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Update: Now have new clean title for this truck. Have updated the text info in the ad.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, I am amazed. The title comes today and the seller got ahold of the buyer that wanted this truck and was gonna buy the next day at noon before I bought it the night before. He still wants to buy it and will make me whole, no questions asked. He said the seller had told him about my qualifications and he asked what I found. I told him about leaking valve cover gaskets and a seeping water pump. He says he wants to pay me to fix those and anything else I find. I have not mentioned that I believe the plugs are original because it does run fine with no power or misfire problems and no CEL. I will also mention the "getting all the fluids the same age" scenario I like to do.

This is better than I could have hoped for. I am making money on the seller's 99 Yukon and now the Denali buyer wants me to do the work on it. Crazy world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019