2006 Yukon Denali XL-Selling it-SOLD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Took the engine covers off and now have an idea of if the plugs and wires have been changed at 100k miles. Has AC Delco wires on it and am gonna pull a plug and inspect. Gonna be doing a full fluid change. If has OE plugs, gonna change them too. Did they come out of the factory with ACD wires or Genuine GM? ..

On my wrenching thread I will explain about the work I did today for the guy that sold me the Denali. Yes, I got some money back.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
These handles are off the second row Captain's chairs of the new Denali. I can use vice grips on the splined stems and fold the seat backs down. Does anyone have a good source for the handles? Even though the handle shows a hole on the end and that looks like there should be a retaining/attaching screw, to hold handle on, there is no threaded hole on the splined stem for a screw to go in to. As you can see, the splined stems have a split in the center that I can assume is the locating spot for a "fat spline". Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I downloaded pics but cannot see them in my computer photos. Will post the pics asap.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These handles are off the second row Captain's chairs of the new Denali. I can use vice grips on the splined stems and fold the seat backs down. Does anyone have a good source for the handles? Even though the handle shows a hole on the end and that looks like there should be a retaining/attaching screw, to hold handle on, there is no threaded hole on the splined stem for a screw to go in to. As you can see, the splined stems have a split in the center that I can assume is the locating spot for a "fat spline". Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I downloaded pics but cannot see them in my computer photos. Will post the pics asap.

The split is there for some tabs to slide into and the center of the split should have some threads cut into it to hold the handle to the shaft.

Pics in this ebay ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1860580316...ojITV7LN_w7l_EoggyqEulz7O6dDWr3MaAijCEALw_wcB

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The split is there for some tabs to slide into and the center of the split should have some threads cut into it to hold the handle to the shaft.

Pics in this ebay ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1860580316...ojITV7LN_w7l_EoggyqEulz7O6dDWr3MaAijCEALw_wcB
I wish they would give better descriptions. I am assuming there is a left and a right side handle? This just says RH but other sellers just say that they are for the second row seats with no reference for the left and the right.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish they would give better descriptions. I am assuming there is a left and a right side handle? This just says RH but other sellers just say that they are for the second row seats with no reference for the left and the right.

There are definitely LH and RH versions. For those ads not specifying, you're gonna have to study the pics to determine. Or, they might be for a matching set. We are deep into the Information Age, but it still relies on people. People like you and I will have to account for people like vague sellers and either look up the info we seek or just not communicate with the vague info providers. Don't have such high expectations! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There are definitely LH and RH versions. For those ads not specifying, you're gonna have to study the pics to determine. Or, they might be for a matching set. We are deep into the Information Age, but it still relies on people. People like you and I will have to account for people like vague sellers and either look up the info we seek or just not communicate with the vague info providers. Don't have such high expectations! :rolleyes:
Yea, I contacted three of them and asked the question. Will see what happens. Thanks

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just in case it ever comes up again: the left side is 88941656 and the right side is 88941657, both grey in color. I looked at GM parts depots and none of them said that both were in stock and because of strike the delivery would be delayed. I looked at RA and they had them in Dorman. I ordered them there. Both with delivery and discount were a total of $21.62.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case it ever comes up again: the left side is 88941656 and the right side is 88941657, both grey in color. I looked at GM parts depots and none of them said that both were in stock and because of strike the delivery would be delayed. I looked at RA and they had them in Dorman. I ordered them there. Both with delivery and discount were a total of $21.62.

I'm sure it's on the list, but lubricate the mechanisms. The grease dries out and sticks due to rare use and then, after a long period of not being moved, someone goes to yank that handle and this is what you get. And/or, someone is pushing or pulling on the seat back, putting the mechanism in a bind and making the handle do that much more work.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'm sure it's on the list, but lubricate the mechanisms. The grease dries out and sticks due to rare use and then, after a long period of not being moved, someone goes to yank that handle and this is what you get. And/or, someone is pushing or pulling on the seat back, putting the mechanism in a bind and making the handle do that much more work.
Yep, gonna lube. The driver's side seat back makes a pop noise at the release mechanism when I turned the shaft with the vise grips.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, gonna lube. The driver's side seat back makes a pop noise at the release mechanism when I turned the shaft with the vise grips.

Typical of that era. My '02 S10, that I owned since 9K miles, had its original handles up until I swapped in some G8 seats cuz I had already known about the issue. I never leaned on the seat back when adjusting and if I had to tilt the seat forward to access behind it, I'd give the seat back a firm forward and back shaking to "break it loose". I'd hold the seat back to keep pressure off the handle, pull it up fully, then control the seat forward with my other hand. Just pulling the handle until the detent cleared the notch to let it fly forward keeps the mechanism in a bind the whole time until it violently releases.

But I'm also one of those that never held the steering wheel in the same spot at all times to prevent wearing through. Still do that with my Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019