2005 Z71 Tahoe hot air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasonrebellion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve owned it for about 2.5 years, had no issues with the AC, would freeze you out. I bought a new daily driver and I let it sit long enough to completely kill the battery to where it wouldn’t hold a charge. I replaced it with another yellow top Optima and it immediately started blowing the hottest air I’ve ever felt. Doesn’t matter what I set the temp on, just pure unadulterated heat out of both sides. I feel like it’s unlikely it just randomly sprung a leak from sitting for 2 months but I don’t know where to start and funds are limited. I have checked all the fuses. Thanks for any help. I did search before posting but may have missed something.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had my alternator replaced. Before it was replaced, at the repair shop, the A/C was perfect. Vents were cold. When I started the 2005 Yukon at the shop, with the new alternator, the vents were HOT.

I shut of the truck and restarted it ...... The vents went back to cold again, and perfect since.

( I think the vent actuators just needed some encouragement when I restarted. ? )

Do you have the rear A/C ? If so, is it hot?

OP
OP
J

Jasonrebellion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had my alternator replaced. Before it was replaced, at the repair shop, the A/C was perfect. Vents were cold. When I started the 2005 Yukon at the shop, with the new alternator, the vents were HOT.

I shut of the truck and restarted it ...... The vents went back to cold again, and perfect since.

( I think the vent actuators just needed some encouragement when I restarted. ? )

Do you have the rear A/C ? If so, is it hot?
The rear ac has always been stuck on ac, but now it’s just blowing ambient air. The air out the front is pure heat though

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I’ve owned it for about 2.5 years, had no issues with the AC, would freeze you out. I bought a new daily driver and I let it sit long enough to completely kill the battery to where it wouldn’t hold a charge. I replaced it with another yellow top Optima and it immediately started blowing the hottest air I’ve ever felt. Doesn’t matter what I set the temp on, just pure unadulterated heat out of both sides. I feel like it’s unlikely it just randomly sprung a leak from sitting for 2 months but I don’t know where to start and funds are limited. I have checked all the fuses. Thanks for any help. I did search before posting but may have missed something.
Do you know if the HVAC system has refrigerant?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879