2005 Tahoe Z71 Stability System Disabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtbrownz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good day to everyone!
I realize there are some other discussions out there in regards to this subject but I’ve been unable to find a resolution.
2005 Tahoe Z71 4WD 5.3L NA 190,000miles
Approximately 1 mile from any starting point, after starting the engine, the “Stability System Disabled” is displayed on the dash. No other indicators come on and no codes are set or detected by my Autel computer. No change in drivability or operation. Autel computer actually displays that the Stability System is "Enabled" while the message on the dash indicates it is "disabled". Confirmed that my Autel was reading live data by stopping and putting the truck in reverse (which disables the SS) and it did in fact show that the SS was "disabled" while in reverse and then switched back to "enabled" status after shifting back into drive. All the while, the "SS Disabled" message remained displayed on the dash.
Any suggestions, advice or input will be appreciated!

Respectfully,
Dennis

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot speak to the Autel scanner, but with my older truck and a Tech 2, I can see live activity right down to individual wheel sensors.

Just a guess, but is it possible that one of your wheel sensors has failed, or is failing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz