Reduced Power Mode / TC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tah-HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2006 Tahoe Z71 -220,000 Miles
Known issues: Service Air Bag Message (Steering wheel buttons are dead, so I assume it needs clock spring replaced)

So this seems to be a fairly common issue. I'm making this thread because I have not seen any post with my exact symptoms. So I have been driving and clearing the code while doing so... This is what I have experienced

Main issue: Reduced Power Mode Randomly comes on. P2135 (TPS Voltage Correlation)

*** When I start the vehicle there are no messages and no codes.
***At some point while driving I get the message "Stability control system disabled"
***The stability control message is the same as if I were to disable the traction control using the push button. There is no code associated with this message.
***This is immediately followed by the "Reduced Power Mode"
*** Using a scanner, I can clear the "Reduced Power Mode" , but TC remains disabled until I cycle power to the vehicle.

***Noticing this pattern, I have disconnected the push button "Traction control modal". This causes TC to be disabled from the start. Since doing so, the reduced power mode has not happened.

***A visual inspection of the throttle body : It has been recently replaced and a new connector has been wired in.

So I am thinking the cause of this reduced power mode has something todo with the stability system. Beyond replacing the TC push button modal, I'm not sure what to look at next. I doubt this is the issue in the system.

Any insight is appreciated

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should scan for codes with a abs scanner. it will have history codes, clear them all, first one that comes back is the issue.

if you have a bluetooth obd2 scanner and a droid device, theres a free app that reads everything.

OP
OP
T

Tah-HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you should scan for codes with a abs scanner. it will have history codes, clear them all, first one that comes back is the issue.

if you have a bluetooth obd2 scanner and a droid device, theres a free app that reads everything.

My scanner has abs and Bluetooth ability's. I will double check that I have preformed an abs scan
I reconnected the TC module and did the ABS scan and got these two. I have cleared them as well. I imagine the Mode switch is because I had the push button for TC disconnected.
WIN_20210928_19_05_22_Pro.jpgWIN_20210928_19_05_08_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bet that steering position sensors not helping either. might want to look up its side effects.

could also check the grounds under the drivers door to the bracket off the frame, they get all rusty and dont work so well. could be part of the low voltage code issues.

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal