2005 gmc denali amp lux and woofer .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What radios does it work in ? I have a 2006 gmc yukon xl 6 changer head unit no nav ..
Would it hook in ? Where can I learn about it's wiring ?

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence Joe but I'm no expert in this area. I would reach out to Mark @Rocket Man, Wes @Doubeleive and some others that have experience with the 800s and their music systems.
I don't know myself you might have to do some googling with the part number and see if you can find a compatibility list, sometimes lkq or a junkyard can tell you what it crosses over to.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first glance, I wouldn't see why not, they are both 800s and the last flight, those two years are identical, if not near so. Joe Yukon, you can pick up the shop manual and wiring schematics for about $20 on ebay, as a disc or download.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so your looking to put a factory nav unit in a truck that did not have it? trying to be sure before I step into something I may or not know.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re asking about adding a lux amp and the associated Bose sub into a non-lux vehicle afaik it’s not possible. I have the lux amp in my 02 Denali but I’m running a Pioneer HU, and the sub output goes from that to a separate mono amp and a JL 10” sub in an MTX Thunderform enclosure. The lux amp drives the 8 satellite speakers which are all aftermarket. But mine came with the lux amp. The wiring harnesses between lux and non lux vehicles are completely different. If you’re asking something else, please elaborate.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re asking about adding a lux amp and the associated Bose sub into a non-lux vehicle afaik it’s not possible. I have the lux amp in my 02 Denali but I’m running a Pioneer HU, and the sub output goes from that to a separate mono amp and a JL 10” sub in an MTX Thunderform enclosure. The lux amp drives the 8 satellite speakers which are all aftermarket. But mine came with the lux amp. The wiring harnesses between lux and non lux vehicles are completely different. If you’re asking something else, please elaborate.
I found a website shows what wires to change . To convert non lux rig to lux ..I will post it later . I'm working on getting lux head unit out of the 2005 Denali . It's the am fm cd cassette unit 6 CD changer in middle. I confirmed it was lux . Not the nav head unit . I will post my findings . I have a pdf of wire change . Wonder if this radio has xm radio also..

6192d3e5b42e671144efbb2b0bf6c275.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does a 2005 denali have a front center speaker on the dash ? I think it's showing one more speaker .I'm still digging thru details . I'm going to pickup head unit next week..

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does a 2005 denali have a front center speaker on the dash ? I think it's showing one more speaker .I'm still digging thru details . I'm going to pickup head unit next week..

I’ve never seen a GMT800 truck with a speaker mounted in the dash. My 2006 Denali does not have a center dash mounted dash speaker either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne