2005 gmc denali amp lux and woofer .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a GMT800 truck with a speaker mounted in the dash. My 2006 Denali does not have a center dash mounted dash speaker either.
Thanks .. Its all part of figuring out there wiring .. my 2006 Yukon XL has 8 speakers and a sub front center console .. I have read lux or non lux all had were the same speakers . But there wiring is head scratch . I might have set up a bench test .

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks .. Its all part of figuring out there wiring .. my 2006 Yukon XL has 8 speakers and a sub front center console .. I have read lux or non lux all had were the same speakers . But there wiring is head scratch . I might have set up a bench test .

Yeah my Denali with the lux package has the same 8 speakers plus the sub under my front console.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol
I found a website shows what wires to change . To convert non lux rig to lux ..I will post it later . I'm working on getting lux head unit out of the 2005 Denali . It's the am fm cd cassette unit 6 CD changer in middle. I confirmed it was lux . Not the nav head unit . I will post my findings . I have a pdf of wire change . Wonder if this radio has xm radio also..

6192d3e5b42e671144efbb2b0bf6c275.jpg
I like how they call the d pillar speakers “twiddlers”. Back there just twiddling around.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol

I like how they call the d pillar speakers “twiddlers”. Back there just twiddling around.
I have like 5 diagrams to figure out .. once I get head unit it might all make more sense.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have like 5 diagrams to figure out .. once I get head unit it might all make more sense.

I would be more inclined to go aftermarket. The only reason I left my lux amp in was because of less wiring. I like my wireless CarPlay/ Android Auto with touch screen and have no use for the CD changer so I removed it. The hybrid system I ended up with sounds great.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be more inclined to go aftermarket. The only reason I left my lux amp in was because of less wiring. I like my wireless CarPlay/ Android Auto with touch screen and have no use for the CD changer so I removed it. The hybrid system I ended up with sounds great.
Yes I understand that I'm a kenwood fan . I was just kinda surprised it can be done with lux to Yukon XL . And if I have everything I would try it .. yes I like my HD DAT player in LG V10 . HD audio is amazing . I kinda like everything .. I have a non bose 7.1 speakers in 2002 Cadillac deville with CD player stock total of 8 speakers counting sub. When it plays CDs it sounds better then my HD audio tracks it's a amazing stereo in the caddy .. I don't know why it just is better then others.. And I'm wondering if that lux does the same thing in denalis and escalades . Because that's one amazing stereo in that 2002 Cadillac deville it's actually a livery W20
It stereo is a notch better than others. It's got about 8 inch sub on back deck came stock but it doesn't say Bose anywhere only numbers . W20 was Cadillac professional grade. Has the rear vanity lights for hauling around the elite. So who knows what kind of stereos in there but I know it came stock. It sounds dam amazing . My comparing ear alpine polk boston acoustics pioneer kenwood Yamaha I tried a bunch different stereos thru the years . Maybe lux holds the same kinda amp as in the professional caddy it's only a hunch.

W20 was $4500 option in Cadillac deville livery. Cc Crazy.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I understand that I'm a kenwood fan . I was just kinda surprised it can be done with lux to Yukon XL . And if I have everything I would try it .. yes I like my HD DAT player in LG V10 . HD audio is amazing . I kinda like everything .. I have a non bose 7.1 speakers in 2002 Cadillac deville with CD player stock total of 8 speakers counting sub. When it plays CDs it sounds better then my HD audio tracks it's a amazing stereo in the caddy .. I don't know why it just is better then others.. And I'm wondering if that lux does the same thing in denalis and escalades . Because that's one amazing stereo in that 2002 Cadillac deville it's actually a livery W20
It stereo is a notch better than others. It's got about 8 inch sub on back deck came stock but it doesn't say Bose anywhere only numbers . W20 was Cadillac professional grade. Has the rear vanity lights for hauling around the elite. So who knows what kind of stereos in there but I know it came stock. It sounds dam amazing . My comparing ear alpine polk boston acoustics pioneer kenwood Yamaha I tried a bunch different stereos thru the years . Maybe lux holds the same kinda amp as in the professional caddy it's only a hunch.

W20 was $4500 option in Cadillac deville livery. Cc Crazy.

I have noticed mine has great imagery, almost like 3D surround sound. But that’s a hybrid with an aftermarket HU so I can better control the input so it’s the best of both systems. Are you considering just the lux amp with aftermarket HU? I thought you were talking the factory HU.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed mine has great imagery, almost like 3D surround sound. But that’s a hybrid with an aftermarket HU so I can better control the input so it’s the best of both systems. Are you considering just the lux amp with aftermarket HU? I thought you were talking the factory HU.
I want factory first just to see how it sounds and works with stock am fm cd 6 changer . And after that try after market head unit on that amp. It take while to get there . I'm still working on tranny lines and brakes lol. I'm going to get stock head unit Monday .

1095cca1ef8fb6fbd303b4dcb115ed47.jpg

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a website shows what wires to change . To convert non lux rig to lux ..I will post it later . I'm working on getting lux head unit out of the 2005 Denali . It's the am fm cd cassette unit 6 CD changer in middle. I confirmed it was lux . Not the nav head unit . I will post my findings . I have a pdf of wire change . Wonder if this radio has xm radio also..

You definitely can put a LUX system in a non-LUX vehicle, but as you are finding it does require some rewiring. It is not plug-and-play. I've done it, and I think the sound improvement is worth it. It looks like you have the amplifier wiring modifications, but to get the full benefit, you will need to run 4 new wires from the amp to the driver's kick panel. The rear door speakers and the D-pillar speakers are tied together at a connector there on non-LUX systems. To do it properly you will need the correct terminals to separate the wires and put the D-pillar speakers in their own cavities and connect the new wires to them. To really do it right, you will need terminals for the console harness connector under the cup holders. If you don't run the new speaker wires through that connector, you will have these speaker wires preventing you from removing the console.

Then, the amplifier needs to be configured to your cabin type (standard, XL or EXT, or if it's a Denali LUX amp it could even be configured for a standard pickup cabin). If you know what it came out of, it may already be configured for your cabin, but if it is not or you don't know what the donor vehicle was, then you'll need a Tech2 or a trip to the dealer to set it up properly. In my case, the D-pillar speakers had no output after I separated the wires until I programmed it for a standard cabin Escalade.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You definitely can put a LUX system in a non-LUX vehicle, but as you are finding it does require some rewiring. It is not plug-and-play. I've done it, and I think the sound improvement is worth it. It looks like you have the amplifier wiring modifications, but to get the full benefit, you will need to run 4 new wires from the amp to the driver's kick panel. The rear door speakers and the D-pillar speakers are tied together at a connector there on non-LUX systems. To do it properly you will need the correct terminals to separate the wires and put the D-pillar speakers in their own cavities and connect the new wires to them. To really do it right, you will need terminals for the console harness connector under the cup holders. If you don't run the new speaker wires through that connector, you will have these speaker wires preventing you from removing the console.

Then, the amplifier needs to be configured to your cabin type (standard, XL or EXT, or if it's a Denali LUX amp it could even be configured for a standard pickup cabin). If you know what it came out of, it may already be configured for your cabin, but if it is not or you don't know what the donor vehicle was, then you'll need a Tech2 or a trip to the dealer to set it up properly. In my case, the D-pillar speakers had no output after I separated the wires until I programmed it for a standard cabin Escalade.
Thanks for the post.. yes it's going from 2005 denali xl to 2006 gmc Yukon xl .. I was able to get all connectors cut out 8 inches long . So I can see how it was wired from. Council also . It's out of same rig so there both Yukon xls .. I sure I will need some extra speaker wires as it's bit head scratch . I need to get XM unit also does that unlock with radio ? Using tech 2 ? Witch speakers are the D-pillar ones in very back ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts