2004 GMC Yukon Denali XL power driver seat problems..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Out of the blue one day my driver power seat first quit reclining, then to move it back had to move switch forward an opposite to move it back. Up an down an heat is fine. Passenger seat everything works as it should. I bought a new switch for a hundred an something but still same problems with it. I could use some help here as I tried google an you tubing it but to no help found. Thanks pissed in Iowa

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 2

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe nicked wire(s), bad connection in the connector plug or bad contact/pin?

Harnesses seem to get kicked loose from the fastener that hold them in place. The seat and seat rails can rub through or even break wires in the harness under the seat.
Inspect the wires on the harness, the connectors and where the wires go into the pin connectors inside the plugs.
You may find something got damaged.

If you can't really get in to see all that to inspect, it may make things easier to unbolt the seat and pull it out of the way.

Maybe you'll get lucky and have an easy fix with some electrical tape on a wire or by re-doing a pin connection inside the plug.

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe nicked wire(s), bad connection in the connector plug or bad contact/pin?

Harnesses seem to get kicked loose from the fastener that hold them in place. The seat and seat rails can rub through or even break wires in the harness under the seat.
Inspect the wires on the harness, the connectors and where the wires go into the pin connectors inside the plugs.
You may find something got damaged.

If you can't really get in to see all that to inspect, it may make things easier to unbolt the seat and pull it out of the way.

Maybe you'll get lucky and have an easy fix with some electrical tape on a wire or by re-doing a pin connection inside the plug.
Thanks I' m going to take seat out and get a good look at everything. Quick question the front 2 bolts are really different and never seen anything like them. Any idea how to get them out???
Anyway I can hear one of the motors click kinda when i want to recline seat also but gotta fix one thing at a time. Love me Denali but all of a sudden one thing goes more follows. but it is 18 yrs. old. Next is finding out whats wrong with my rear shock compressor.. Aooreciate your time.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I' m going to take seat out and get a good look at everything. Quick question the front 2 bolts are really different and never seen anything like them. Any idea how to get them out???
Anyway I can hear one of the motors click kinda when i want to recline seat also but gotta fix one thing at a time. Love me Denali but all of a sudden one thing goes more follows. but it is 18 yrs. old. Next is finding out whats wrong with my rear shock compressor.. Aooreciate your time.
You should just be able to take four nuts off seat cushion and take it off look in and see what you have and as always unhook battery first. Then you can hook up to trouble shoot.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should just be able to take four nuts off seat cushion and take it off look in and see what you have and as always unhook battery first. Then you can hook up to trouble shoot.
There's always shortcuts to be learned from experienced members like you. Thanks for adding that tip for the OP.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those front bolts can be done with a deep 15mm socket. The rears iirc need a 12-point but can’t remember the size.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bolts/nuts are external torx, and the front nuts are different from the back bolts. As @Rocket Man noted, you can use a carefully matched deep socket on either one.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the switch and put it back in "upside down". I have heard of those being installed incorrectly before. I'm not saying you did, but that will fix the immediate problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos