2004 GMC Yukon Denali XL power driver seat problems..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an issue with the seat controller on the passenger side that causes the forward/backward of the seat to move backwards. It's been a while since I've looked into it but from what I found you need a tech2 to reprogram the module. When I called the dealer they wanted an hour or two of labor to "try" and fix it. Wasn't worth it to me for a minor annoyance.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong the tech2 would be used for driver's seat auto memory set up but passenger doesn't have memory.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I’m troubleshooting electrical issues I always use a separate 12v source to isolate motors and switches. I don’t have one of those fancy 12v probes, I just use some jumpers jammed into a 12v cordless tool battery. You can open up connectors and test individual components or you can back probe the connector if you can’t get them apart.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SWAG: pull up the passenger seat and inspect the module for connector pin fitment and water intrusion to both the connector and the module.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of the blue one day my driver power seat first quit reclining, then to move it back had to move switch forward an opposite to move it back. Up an down an heat is fine. Passenger seat everything works as it should. I bought a new switch for a hundred an something but still same problems with it. I could use some help here as I tried google an you tubing it but to no help found. Thanks pissed in Iowa
The comments saying it needs reprogrammed are correct. This is a known issue with the NBS seats. It requires reprogramming with a Tech2. I believe what happens is that as things wear, the position sensor on the seat goes out of range and the controller get confused about the seat position, and that causes the reversed operation. Reprogramming recalibrates the sensor so that the controller is no longer confused. I had to do this to mine a few years ago, no problems since.

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The comments saying it needs reprogrammed are correct. This is a known issue with the NBS seats. It requires reprogramming with a Tech2. I believe what happens is that as things wear, the position sensor on the seat goes out of range and the controller get confused about the seat position, and that causes the reversed operation. Reprogramming recalibrates the sensor so that the controller is no longer confused. I had to do this to mine a few years ago, no problems since.

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can hear a click in the Seat Control Module when I move the switch to recline but nothing happens. Bought new switch but nothing. Have taken the seat out found a green/ yellow wires just hanging on cushion not plugged into anything. Gotta find where they go. But I’m just not good at electrical. Going to put stuff all back together an take it to get reprogrammed. Hope fixes the front/back problem also.

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should just be able to take four nuts off seat cushion and take it off look in and see what you have and as always unhook battery first. Then you can hook up to trouble shoot.
Yep took seat out an cushion off. Their are 2 thin wires a green an yellow one that are just hanging an need to be plug into something. Has to be on drivers side towards back. Hopefully this will fix reclining problem an fix the problem of when moving forward switch is backward . I move switch back an it goes forward switch forward goes back. $120 something for a new switch an still not right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 2

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can hear a click in the Seat Control Module when I move the switch to recline but nothing happens. Bought new switch but nothing. Have taken the seat out found a green/ yellow wires just hanging on cushion not plugged into anything. Gotta find where they go. But I’m just not good at electrical. Going to put stuff all back together an take it to get reprogrammed. Hope fixes the front/back problem also.
Pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660