2004 GMC Yukon Denali XL power driver seat problems..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pull the switch and put it back in "upside down". I have heard of those being installed incorrectly before. I'm not saying you did, but that will fix the immediate problem.
The switch can only connect one way there’s no way possible to connect upside down, wish I could….

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pull the switch and put it back in "upside down". I have heard of those being installed incorrectly before. I'm not saying you did, but that will fix the immediate problem.
The switch can only connect one way there’s no way possible to connect upside down, wish I could..
image.jpg

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have headed seats? My money says the yellow and green wires go there -- but it is just a guess.

Most likely the clicking you are experiencing is one of the motors is bad. The gear inside it broke.sorry about the wrong information on the seat switch, I was sure it could be turned upside down. Guess I'll have to tune my daughter's seat.

OP
OP
M

MartyH72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have headed seats? My money says the yellow and green wires go there -- but it is just a guess.

Most likely the clicking you are experiencing is one of the motors is bad. The gear inside it broke.sorry about the wrong information on the seat switch, I was sure it could be turned upside down. Guess I'll have to tune my daughter's seat.
Hey don’t be sorry. I thought of switching it when I got the new switch and saw that wasn’t going to work. I appreciate your help. I got o dam thing tore apart trying to fix myself because I can’t really afford a mechanics wages and k love driving this thing. Ya seats are heated. Looked at that reclining motor a there’s no part # left on it so more time trying to google what I need to order . But anyway THANKS for your time. My wife keeps saying quit an junk it lolimage.jpg

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could take driver's seat apart see if it has those green and yellow wires to see where they go. The green wire has come unplugged from something should be able to find in area of length wire. May go to recline motor your having problem with.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the seat connectors for a Yukon Denali. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1253616.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On page 14 of PDF shows Dark green wire Recline motor Forward. I would look real close at recline motor

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all else fails, you can typically get an entire seat -- with the leather totally thrashed -- for $50 -- including the motors. Just make sure the motors work before you buy it. Also, the same seats were used in all the GMT800 trucks and SUVs: Avalanche, Escalade (all versions), Sierra (all versions), Silverado (All versions), Yukon (all versions). Not all of those came with electric adjustable seats, so pay attention to that.

Anyway, Look at Craigslist, FB Marketplace, and/or OfferUp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo