2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Smart people hear this and help.

I’m getting power to the truck female connector that plugs directly to the top of the pump/bucket. However when plugged into the pump nothing happens.

If I Hotwire a battery directly to the male connector on the top of the fuel pump, the pump comes on.

However, if I jump wires directly from the male connector getting power to the female connector on top of the bucket nothing happens.

It acts as if when the power and ground from the truck harness connects to the pump they zero each other out. I multimetered them directly before touching them to the pins on the pump and they had power. Once I touch them both to the pump they both read nothing.
Dan, sounds like even though the voltage is there the line can’t carry the current. Time to work your way back. But, first, is the relay good?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, sounds like even though the voltage is there the line can’t carry the current. Time to work your way back. But, first, is the relay good?

Confirmed relay is good and when key is turned the plug gets a strong 12v, ground, 5v reference, and basically nothing to the 4th pin because that is the fuel gauge return signal line.

Not being able to handle the current was my thought as well, but I’m starving and going mad at hearing hurricane noises inside a tin box for several hours lol. I have since retreated to home where bae has food waiting, it could be our final meal.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed relay is good and when key is turned the plug gets a strong 12v, ground, 5v reference, and basically nothing to the 4th pin because that is the fuel gauge return signal line.

Not being able to handle the current was my thought as well, but I’m starving and going mad at hearing hurricane noises inside a tin box for several hours lol. I have since retreated to home where bae has food waiting, it could be our final meal.
dibs on the ranger

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Harness from the connector to the pump is bad, like, in the sending unit?

Hope you're holding up well.

Bae, who's this "bae" you speak of?

First it's @iamdub now it's you. Next @randeez gonna tell me he's cheating too. :sadface:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yukon this morning, definitely not needed. but i was going to drive it anyway. hopped in made it about 2 mi down the road and noticed temp gauge way tf up to like 250*. this thing takes like 20 mins to ever get up to temp. so i took it back home. guessing water pump just wasnt running at all, which its just on a battery hot switch so i dont forget to turn it on. if it had no coolant it wouldnt shown high if its not submerged. always something goddamn.
i'll take a look when i get home, maybe just relay on it died. pump was kind espensive but if its dead i'll probably replace with the bmw 400 one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC