2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was added by a previous owner.

My 05 LS has hydroboost and it definitely was not added because it has been in my family since new and I have maintained it since I started turning wrenches. Also a very base model. LS package, 4x4, and G80. Thats about it!

Remind me and I'll check my RPOs when I get home. I didn't drive it to work today.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 LS has hydroboost and it definitely was not added because it has been in my family since new and I have maintained it since I started turning wrenches. Also a very base model. LS package, 4x4, and G80. Thats about it!

Remind me and I'll check my RPOs when I get home. I didn't drive it to work today.

Cool thank you! I noticed any truck with a 4.8 was not supposed to get the towing package which is what I sorta assumed was the package hydroboost would have come with.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thank you! I noticed any truck with a 4.8 was not supposed to get the towing package which is what I sorta assumed was the package hydroboost would have come with.

Nope. Its something else. I have a 4.8, no factory tow package, and hydroboost.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol! I'd hope it can hold up to my completely stock 4.8. 180k and no issues so far!
From what I've seen the G80s really arent that bad unless you have big power, traction or load. But I bang shift the crap out of mine with pretty sticky 285s and a mild 6.0 and haven't had any issues yet. However a truetrac is on the list.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Also just found some painted door handles and mirror caps from a part out. The handles, mirror caps and HD front swap will pretty much complete the exterior unless I end up going with different wheels down the road.
Sounds like a plan. Where'd you find the HD parts? They're getting harder to find nowadays--especially the hoods.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its actually an aftermarket reproduction that's getting paint matched. I have looked everywhere for a black one that was in good enough shape to just put on and haven't found one. The ones I have found have been different colors and cost more than a reproduction hood so I figured what the heck just buy new and get it painted. The grille and bumper cap are coming from carparts.com or something like that. They were $30 cheaper than Amazon. I was originally just going to do the hood but my bumper cap appears to have had a police push bar rubbing on it and the grill goes with the bumper cap.

Blue HD fronts are the best looking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts