2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhg got a flat omw to a doc appointment. Must have picked up a nail and then lost it omw to work this morning because it was flat when I got in to leave. Luckily its center of the tire so I'm at discount tire waiting for the repair now.

Maybe I need runs flats

Actually I guess this wheel tire combo sucks and I need to get a set of 22" Cosmis wheels and the new Nitto 420Vs.
Just gotta decide between all silver or black with silver lips.
View attachment 271828

Duuuuuude... I LIKE THOSE! I'm torn between the black with machined lip and the all-black. I don't like that the all-black is flat, though.

It's crazy the LTZ20s weigh 42lbs where the cosmos 22s are only 30. Couple that with a 285/45/22 and I bet the savings are close to 15+lbs per corner.

I wish I knew what my declads weighed. I know they, with the 275/55-20 GoodYear Eagles are 11 lbs. lighter each than my RSTs and 285/45-22 Bridgestone Duelers.

*EDIT* Found the GoodYear tire specs: 40.8lbs. With the combo being 70.6, this puts the wheel at 29.8 lbs.

*EDITED EDIT* Looked up the Brickstone Dueler H/L Alenza: The combo weighs 81.6 and the tire is 43.67, putting the wheel at 37.93lbs.

I guess my declads kinda ARE "racing wheels"! But, they're only 20s. The size and tire (I think) I want is a 275/45R22 Michelin Premier. It's only 35lbs. That'd be a 22" combo weighing 5.6 lbs per corner LESS than the 20" declad combo and 16.6 less than the 22" RST/Premier combo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duuuuuude... I LIKE THOSE! I'm torn between the black with machined lip and the all-black. I don't like that the all-black is flat, though.

I wish I knew what my declads weighed. I know they, with the 275/55-20 GoodYear Eagles are 11 lbs. lighter each than my RSTs and 285/45-22 Bridgestone Duelers.

*EDIT* Found the GoodYear tire specs: 40.8lbs. With the combo being 70.6, this puts the wheel at 29.8 lbs.

I just hate black wheels they are so boring especially on a black truck.

Wow those declads aren't that heavy, I know these ltzs are heavier than my Methods and 33" BFGs.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hate black wheels they are so boring especially on a black truck.

Wow those declads aren't that heavy, I know these ltzs are heavier than my Methods and 33" BFGs.

I just realized something- are you sure your LTZs weigh 42lbs? That would make them 4lbs. heavier than the Premier/RST 22s, unless Bridgestone's tire weight data was incorrect.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh. I was wondering because the NNBS Escalade ones aren’t anything special afaik.

It is strange how the NNBS Escalade gets the same cover ALL of the engines had. At least the ones like on the NBS Escalade's and Denali's (pictured) were fancier AND have TONS of sound deadening on the underside. My 06 Sierra Denali is WAY quieter than my 09 Tahoe.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Uhg got a flat omw to a doc appointment. Must have picked up a nail and then lost it omw to work this morning because it was flat when I got in to leave. Luckily its center of the tire so I'm at discount tire waiting for the repair now.

Maybe I need runs flats

Actually I guess this wheel tire combo sucks and I need to get a set of 22" Cosmis wheels and the new Nitto 420Vs.
Just gotta decide between all silver or black with silver lips.
View attachment 271828
That top rim...:boobs:

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized something- are you sure your LTZs weigh 42lbs? That would make them 4lbs. heavier than the Premier/RST 22s, unless Bridgestone's tire weight data was incorrect.

I got my info from road ready wheels which sells the knock offs but they are 20s not 22s, I suppose they could be heavier but they things ain't light. Maybe I'll put a wheel and tire on a scale soon. One is pretty bent still and I never got it fixed lol.

That top rim...:boobs:

I know I really like them! I'm just afraid the truck need to be lower for them to look good and it rides wwaaayyyy to good to go lower.

So while they did the flat repair I had them rotate and rebalance while putting the weights on the inside. That's was a mistake cause both driver side wheels have shed their weights already. It's there a way to make the sticky weights stay stuck?

Lastly the tires have some decent cupping they said it's due to not enough rotations which I think I've only had them rotated once in 25k. But I also run them at 35psi or a little below which may have caused it idk.

Oh one more thing, kinda odd mileage milestone and I got it washed for alignment Saturday! The kids there love it and since I was one of the last trucks getting washed they all gathered round for story time about it. Made me feel cool except I had to tell them it's slow and then they lost interest lol.

20210225_185415.jpg 20210225_173733.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good shops make the stick on weights stay, ****** shops don’t. That’s my experience. I don’t go to the shop that couldn’t figure it out anymore. Over and over, they kept falling off. The new tire shop I go to....they haven’t fallen off my 22” reps or my 26” billets. Not once. Not sure what they do different except they do way more custom wheels than the chain shop I used to go to. They probably clean the wheel good and use a heat gun.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good shops make the stick on weights stay, ****** shops don’t. That’s my experience. I don’t go to the shop that couldn’t figure it out anymore. Over and over, they kept falling off. The new tire shop I go to....they haven’t fallen off my 22” reps or my 26” billets. Not once. Not sure what they do different except they do way more custom wheels than the chain shop I used to go to. They probably clean the wheel good and use a heat gun.

I wouldn't mind finding a custom shop to do stuff like that but Discount tire has taken care of me so many times. For example this repair, rebalance, and rotation was all free and I never made an appointment just showed up and they got me in within the hour.

I'll go back eventually maybe bring some alcohol for them to wipe the wheel down with. Also googled and found some rock crawlers use gorilla tape over the weights lol.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some more wheel and tire math/research as well. Found a few more places listing the ltz20s as 45lbs each! The current Nitto 420s are also 44.1lbs so the current setup is 89.1lbs. The new possible combo is 30lbs for the 22" cosmos and 41.74lbs for Nitto 420v in essentially the same exact size tire 285/45/22

89.1lbs - 71.74 = 17.36lbs per corner of rotating mass! I can't believe going to dub deuces could make it faster lol. That's over 20% reduction in weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz