2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the one on my 08 Silverado, the big open area on the passenger side where the OEM intake tube went into looks stupid once you go to an aftermarket CAI which mine has to have due to no room because wheel tubs.

Edit: sorry for all the posts, just getting caught up on some threads after finally getting email notifications again after a couple weeks. Don’t understand why they keep stopping. Stupid site.

Escalade I was referring to is the NBS. You may be able to modify the mounts?

08778294-denali-vs-escalade-6-0-engine-covers-pic2.jpg

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus. I get 9-10 average but most of my stuff is city.

Super charges don't supercharge your MPG I suppose :jester:. I was lucky to get 12mpg with the Magnusson on the stock 4.8, towed cross country once, and could count the MPG on 1 hand

Escalade I was referring to is the NBS. You may be able to modify the mounts?

Yep, that's the one I like, Oh well a turbo and highram will look cooler. Yes I know the Hiram will lose low end but boost can always be turned up to make up for it lol.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus. I get 9-10 average but most of my stuff is city.

I can't do enough city driving to figure out my city MPG!

It's about a 15 mile drive on a 4-lane highway for me to get to the I-10 to cross the river into the city. I rarely ever go in the Tahoe. Usually its just going to somewhere around that exit for fuel or auto parts store.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't do enough city driving to figure out my city MPG!

It's about a 15 mile drive on a 4-lane highway for me to get to the I-10 to cross the river into the city. I rarely ever go in the Tahoe. Usually its just going to somewhere around that exit for fuel or auto parts store.

Avalanche got 14-15 in the city before

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super charges don't supercharge your MPG I suppose :jester:. I was lucky to get 12mpg with the Magnusson on the stock 4.8, towed cross country once, and could count the MPG on 1 hand

Yep, that's the one I like, Oh well a turbo and highram will look cooler. Yes I know the Hiram will lose low end but boost can always be turned up to make up for it lol.
The weird thing is, it doesn’t seem to matter if I drive easy or hard, last time I drove easy for an entire tank and it was still 10. So I said screw it, drive it hard. It’s way more fun.:)

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhg got a flat omw to a doc appointment. Must have picked up a nail and then lost it omw to work this morning because it was flat when I got in to leave. Luckily its center of the tire so I'm at discount tire waiting for the repair now.

Maybe I need runs flats

Actually I guess this wheel tire combo sucks and I need to get a set of 22" Cosmis wheels and the new Nitto 420Vs.
Just gotta decide between all silver or black with silver lips.
Screenshot_20210225-154742_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhg got a flat omw to a doc appointment. Must have picked up a nail and then lost it omw to work this morning because it was flat when I got in to leave. Luckily its center of the tire so I'm at discount tire waiting for the repair now.

Maybe I need runs flats

Actually I guess this wheel tire combo sucks and I need to get a set of 22" Cosmis wheels and the new Nitto 420Vs.
Just gotta decide between all silver or black with silver lips.
View attachment 271828
Do eeet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia