2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've looked all over for one left over for sale but no luck. I think I might get a little wild since its gonna be something custom. 2 JL12W3s and a 1,000w amp should be more than I will ever need.
You can definitely do that or more but they won’t be hidden. An enclosure for a single 10 or possibly 12 is all the room there is behind the rear panel. The Thunderform uses all the available space and the volume was just enough for my JL 10W3.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can definitely do that or more but they won’t be hidden. An enclosure for a single 10 or possibly 12 is all the room there is behind the rear panel. The Thunderform uses all the available space and the volume was just enough for my JL 10W3.

I don't mind losing some vertical space even if it slightly obstructs the rear windows. Maybe an inch or 2 of width as well something like this is nice. Maybe something similar on the other side. Custom sub.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind losing some vertical space even if it slightly obstructs the rear windows. Maybe an inch or 2 of width as well something like this is nice. Maybe something similar on the other side. View attachment 241322
The other side is already full. Unless you want to do a rear heater/ac delete. Pull the panels off both sides and you’ll see there isn’t as much room as you would think. There’s wheel wells. The passenger side has pretty much nothing.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Quoted the wrong response. But in general terms, any time anyone asks: is it enough, and especially when discussing vehicles, firearms, explosives, beer, BBQ, and the list goes on... the correct answer is ALWAYS: No.

Oh yeah I totally agree. Already been looking for a used procharger kit or t6 turbo setup. The 6.0 needs some more top end. However when it comes to audio I know I will be satisfied with 2 12"s. Most of the time I'm listening to rock and country which don't require king kong in the trunk.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other side is already full. Unless you want to do a rear heater/ac delete. Pull the panels off both sides and you’ll see there isn’t as much room as you would think. There’s wheel wells. The passenger side has pretty much nothing.

I did take both covers off and that's when I decided it was time for help from a pro lol. I'm excited to see what ideas they have. They are a well known shop that used to build competitive audio setups.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the audio plan has gotten out of control a little but I have the same recipe in my other truck so I know I will be happy.

JL audio C2s front and rear
Single JL12W3 In a custom sleek box built into the factory bose location
All powered by a RD/900 amp
Controlled by a Kenwood 906S head unit
With back up and dash camera
Full sound deadening

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I take it you don’t use Apple products since I see the Kenwood has wireless Android Auto but not wireless CarPlay. I love not having to pull my iPhone from my pocket.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I take it you don’t use Apple products since I see the Kenwood has wireless Android Auto but not wireless CarPlay. I love not having to pull my iPhone from my pocket.

Yeah I'm not an apple guy, just never got into them I guess. I have a 4 year old galaxy S7 that I hope lasts another year or two. I'm super excited to try the android auto! I'm not super tech savvy but I've been told that android auto is so easy a caveman can do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn