2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed the joke...

I broke a lug off on accident because I think I didn't hand tighten it enough when I installed it therefore it cross-threaded and when I went to remove it with the ugga dugga it broke clean off. So I'm not actually doing a 5lug conversion I just had the 6th lug jump ship on me.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke a lug off on accident because I think I didn't hand tighten it enough when I installed it therefore it cross-threaded and when I went to remove it with the ugga dugga it broke clean off. So I'm not actually doing a 5lug conversion I just had the 6th lug jump ship on me.

I saw the broken stud, didn't quite understand the 5 lug conversion as I had never seen anyone do it. Then the tundra comment..I was like, damn. He really gonna do it...sadface

I'm slow sometimes.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the broken stud, didn't quite understand the 5 lug conversion as I had never seen anyone do it. Then the tundra comment..I was like, damn. He really gonna do it...sadface

I'm slow sometimes.

We are all slow, thats why we are here :insane:

Side note: I've always found it super strange the second gen+ Tundras are 5 lug but the smaller Tacoma is 6 lug. It's one reason I won't ever get a new tundra, I do like the early suicide door Tundras with the 4.7, may eventually fulfill my long dream of owning one and manual swapping it. That would probably be my plan if my Tacoma gets totaled or I get a crazy offer for it. Anyway, Toyota is lame and Chevy Runs DEEP!:peace:

Also just ordered a jing gong goi headlight switch to see if it fixes the door light issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tacoma uses (or used to anyway) same 6x5.5 bolt pattern, with a 108mm center tho...you can use toyo wheels on tahoe but not the other way around

That's one thing I like about them and another reason I converter my trailer to 6x5.5. Never hurts to be able to swap stuff around. Don't mind swapping stuff onto the taco because it would look silly with LTZ20s IMO.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then there were four........
20210127_201018.jpg
I got banned from the Dugga Dugga Dude, but for real it's odd because they broke coming off not on and I know for a fact I didn't torque them to much because it wasnt on the highest setting. I think these lugs are just old and stressed out.

Got the Hellwig 7702 on finally after a little struggle with putting the wrong endlinks on and they were to short this hitting the massive kryptonite tierods. Glad I made a fuss about them missing from the first kit because the jellwig endlinks are longer and much nicer. The bushings almost feel like delrin not poly.

Steering is officially as crisp as a South Dakota winter morning. This thing would be a riot to auto cross, fairly sure the tires are the weak point now which is fine with me.
20210127_201314.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne