2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try switching the override button on the headlight switch.

View attachment 268838

I hate that I forgot about that switch:emotions122: however I'm 98.3% sure even when it's on the lights rarely come on with the door opened. But it's possible that it only the driver door doing it because I'm now remembering that I thought it was weird they all suddenly stopped working even in the trunk. This is likely attributed to the 15y/o that cleaned it last weekend. I guess I need to report back after further investigation. :burnout:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, Dan, simple stuff first! (Don't ask me how I know....) LOL

Am I reading that right, opening any door won't turn the lights on?

Can you force the interior lights on with the dimmer on the headlight switch, all the way up?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Dan, simple stuff first! (Don't ask me how I know....) LOL

Am I reading that right, opening any door won't turn the lights on?

Can you force the interior lights on with the dimmer on the headlight switch, all the way up?

Yep, they come right on with the dimmer switch up or the button pressed. I checked fuses and don't see any blown, do the buttons just go bad?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm. I guess that could be. My interior lights work correctly with the override button, and even if it's engaged the lights can always be forced on with the dimmer switch.

Might want to substitute a junkyard switch to see if the override button is permanently engaged. I don't know the switch pinout so I couldn't tell you which pins you would need to ohm on your switch to confirm proper operation. You could also remove it, disassemble, and see if the internal contacts are good.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, re-measured and the driver side continues to drop a little down to 33.5" so I decided rather than continue to crank it since it rides amazing I dropped the passenger side to match. While doing so I decided I always wanted to do a 5lug swap and the last OEM part on the entire front end was happy to oblige :banghead:

That sides lug studs have been finicky for a while and I always hand tighten before dugga dugga but I may have forgotten to do that last time since I've had them on and off 13Gazzilion times in the last week. Oh well, I'm not worried and If another one does it then I'll replace the hub otherwise it'll ride till it gets noisy. :head3:

View attachment 268617 View attachment 268618
Or replace a stud, just sayin.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I guess that could be. My interior lights work correctly with the override button, and even if it's engaged the lights can always be forced on with the dimmer switch.

Might want to substitute a junkyard switch to see if the override button is permanently engaged. I don't know the switch pinout so I couldn't tell you which pins you would need to ohm on your switch to confirm proper operation. You could also remove it, disassemble, and see if the internal contacts are good.

Might try to find an Ebay one and see what it does. It's very annoying this time of year when it's dark when I leave for work and nearly dark when I get home.

Or replace a stud, just sayin.

Could but the hub has 261k on it I have a feeling it will fail soon enough. Plus Tundras are 5 lug so it will be okay.:anitoof:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might try to find an Ebay one and see what it does. It's very annoying this time of year when it's dark when I leave for work and nearly dark when I get home.

Could but the hub has 261k on it I have a feeling it will fail soon enough. Plus Tundras are 5 lug so it will be okay.:anitoof:

But then no more sexy LTZ wheels:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345