2003 Yukon General Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wings720

Reaction score
Doing all new front brakes (07 calipers and rotors)

Need to replace hydro boost and master cylinder as well? Any upgrade recommendations?

Also should I mess with the tranny filter and fluid? Or let it be? Been reading these grenade at 160k. I’m at 141k. I repaired the leak from the lines but that’s it so far as tranny stuff goes.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing all new front brakes (07 calipers and rotors)

Need to replace hydro boost and master cylinder as well? Any upgrade recommendations?

Also should I mess with the tranny filter and fluid? Or let it be? Been reading these grenade at 160k. I’m at 141k. I repaired the leak from the lines but that’s it so far as tranny stuff goes.
I say that it make no sens to replace parts which are not ready for overhaul. So why replace hydro boost and master cylinder, when you have no issues with them?

You should very urgently change the transmission fluid because that is necessary that your unit will last long. I personally think that it's not so important to change the the tranny filter because it is more a filter that is of a fleece on the inside and is intended to filter chunks out of the oil if pieces of metal break off somewhere. It doesn't filter out suspended matter like an oil filter. That's why, in my opinion, it's best to disconnect the line at the front of the oil cooler and replace the oil above it. Firstly, you then get more oil out of the system, secondly, it is much less problematic than unscrewing the oil pan and changing the filter.

And then you still have to flush it anyway, because you only ever get around a third of the oil out of an automatic transmission through the oil pan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts